Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at breaking down and buying a legitimate mower. Have spoken with A-1 and Scott has be looking hard at a Scag Liberty Z zero turn. It has 20" rear tires and 11.5" fronts I believe. Other brands have models priced similarly with 22/13" wheels. The ground is still a little wild in some places and it's just rough. Toro makes one with a well reviewed seat suspension system. Just wanting some real world experience on less than perfect terrain.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a Snapper zero-turn and it doesn't seem to have ANY suspension! I didn't even think about that when I bought it. It is definitely a bumpy ride!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a commercial grade torro i bought new a few years ago. Everything about it has been great but it beats the living shit out of me. Must be why they made a seat improvement like you mentioned. Guess my comment really doesnt answer your question unless you are buying an older torro...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have a Hustler and a John Deere zero turn. They both beat the crap out of you on rough terrain. I need to find an airbag to sit on while mowing. Anything out there like that?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I run exmark for my business and I wouldn’t say it’s a Cadillac on rough terrain.

If I was looking for something to suit your needs I would look hard at the John Deere’s with the Tweel Turf tire. A buddy of mine ran one and said it was awesome on rough terrain. See what Smith Tractor can do for you up in Jay on one.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Get a Welded Plate Steel Deck Whatever you get.... The Stamped Sheet metal ones are TEMPORARY at Best......

Reactions: Boat-Dude

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went and looked at what A1 has this afternoon. Really like the Gravely HD since it has good transmissions and the biggest front and rear wheels in its class. Still, cant quite stomach the cost since they're about 10 times the cost of the nicest mower I ever had... pretty sure any ferris is out of the budget and anything but the smallest toro with myride.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Went and looked at what A1 has this afternoon. Really like the Gravely HD since it has good transmissions and the biggest front and rear wheels in its class. Still, cant quite stomach the cost since they're about 10 times the cost of the nicest mower I ever had... pretty sure any ferris is out of the budget and anything but the smallest toro with myride.

I have a 2017 Gt HD 48 with a kawi. Yesterday was my first problem... battery crapped out 49$ and back in business. I settled on that model because of reviews and it is completely serviceable including the hydros which you gotta be careful with on the 5k or less mowers. I have been really happy with it for the price, I did a lot of research before I purchased because like you many were out of my range but I didn’t want junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
My butt has spent a lot of time in high end zero turns. No matter what brand you get if the terrain has a lot of dips, holes and ruts is gonna be a little rough.

My list of most comfortable is as follows-

1.Scag
2. Toro & exmark
3. JD

And if you feel you are to tall and want to compress the disc in your spine get a Hustler:thumbdown:

·
Registered
10,690 Posts
I will never go back to a "garden tractor" type mower. I bought a Bobcat mower 4 years ago, love this thing. I have taken it to my lease a few times amd mowed plots and the road, you have seen how it is. I usually sharpen or chamge blades after that trip though, lol. I didnt splurge for the higher dollar one with the suspension seat but It a no frills, bad ass mower. Any of the higher end well reviewed mowers qill serve you well!

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,558 Posts

Did you try the A1 on 29? They usually have good used Gravelys our front. What size were you looking for?

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you try the A1 on 29? They usually have good used Gravelys our front. What size were you looking for?
Nah, stayed in my neck of the woods. One big reason for going with new is the zero percent financing, too easy, and the warranty.

The gravely has 3100 hydros, fully serviceable, a kawi motor, biggest wheels, great reviews. Think we might take the plunge:001_huh:

·
Registered
10,690 Posts
General rental in Milton has the Bobcats, I have never had any other brand or even used one to compare, but I would suggest a look at em atleast. Kawasaki engine, 5 yr warranty and 0% finance as well if you go that route. Atleast it was. Never done anything except change the oil and blades. Heavy gauge deck too

1 - 20 of 34 Posts