Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go this morning and sit on the ground in my new bucket chair. About 8:30 saw a deer's butt between 2 trees out in the swamp about 60 yards. It was moving away from me and only raised its head high enough for me to see the end of his horns which were wider than his ears. He disappeared so I tried a stalk closer to get a shot. Never saw him again so after 30 minutes or so I stood up and turned around to head back to my chair. A nice 6 was standing about 15 yards from where I had been sitting. He bolted. I had been concentrating on the swamp in front of me and did't see or hear the 6 point. At least I saw 2 bucks. My red dot is zeroed at 50 so I wonder if I would have shot the first buck in the a**hole if it would have brought him down?

Attachments

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Really nice looking chair. Good for you, not taking that shot. Ethical hunting is always best. Good clean kill shots. When duck hunting we often cripple ducks. We have a little tool to dispatch them immediately and humanely when they are retrieved. I hate to see any animal suffer.

· Registered
991 Posts
My red dot is zeroed at 50 so I wonder if I would have shot the first buck in the a**hole if it would have brought him down?
Depends on the bullet. If you are using an all copper or hardcast more than likely you would have an exit out the front chest. I personally wouldn't have a probably doing a texas heart shot with my current muzzleloader set up. Heck the Sambar Deer I killed with my muzzleloader, the bullet hit the onside shoulder, broke the humerus, took out the lungs, liver, part of the gut then exited and kept going. The length that the bullet traveled through would put it in the lungs of a Florida whitetail, if I did a Texas Heart shot..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts