Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back out this afternoon so my wife could collect more shells and I could sore-jaw more Flounder. I got some small fish on quick but just pulled the lure away from them. I caught one legal fish, but at 13" I let it go to grow.

About 30 mins in I'm retrieving my bait and I see a big shadow out of the corner of my eye and before I hardly register it, this four foot Bull Shark is after my 3" Tsunami Swim Shad! I bring it off the bottom and as he goes to grab it, he gets hooked on the side of the head.

Let me tell you, on a med-light Fenwick HMG and a Penn Conflict 2500 with 10lb Braid, that was FUN!!! Got him up for a quick pic and released the little feller.

Fun day for sure! Sorry for lame pic. Had a tourist snap it because my wife had dug to China further down the beach.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
It's always a surprise to hook up on a shark with an artificial. Especially when you see them and it's "oh no" can I out reel this rascal. Great job on getting it in and then back out with a healthy release. Tight lines to you.

·
Super Moderator
27,954 Posts
Boy, that joker is a fatty!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts