Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm bow hunting for my first deer this year and have a few final questions for that lucky chance I stumble upon one.

First, I'm starting off at blackwater. Tags or checking in needed? Didn't see anything in laws but I like first hand advice.

Second, I searched past thread's but see different stories. I don't have a place to put the deer at home to clean so I'm using a processor. I was planning on field dressing it and throwing some ice inside. Several people recommended a processor out by chumuckla? Do they take deer on weekends? Planned on calling the place but again I figured I was looking at the right one cause it says closed Saturdays and Sundays. If so, what do I do for the weekend? T

Thanks (any errors are blamed on the phone.. its being difficult)

· Registered
3,637 Posts
congrats on getting into the bow hunting game - it's addicting. and best of luck to you! there's no tag system for deer you kill, and you don't have to check it unless you go into a gated unit like anderson pond on eglin - i don't believe BW has any of these though. you'll obviously know it if you drive past one and have to check in before proceeding. if i were you i would figure out a way to skin and quarter the deer until you can drop the meat off at the processor. that said i do know that some of them will skin and clean your deer for you for an extra charge. i'm not familiar with the one chumuckla though. again, good luck to you!

· Registered
428 Posts
yup just drop that deer in the morning and pack him the cooler asap and stuff his chest cavity asap with ice and get back out in the woods to drop another deer for the evening hunt!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.