Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up at West Marine off of Davis the other day and was informed by the manager that he is looking for P/T summer workers. Sales associate and cashier, said pay isn't amazing but you still get the full employee discount. So why not send your kids to work and reap the benefits?! lol

Just a heads up for kids coming home for college or just looking for work.

·
Banned
105 Posts
from personal experience, the kid will benefit more from outside work, A/C and cash registers should be saved for later in life

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
from personal experience, the kid will benefit more from outside work, A/C and cash registers should be saved for later in life
Duly noted :rolleyes: .... Work is work... It teaches responsibility and life skills essential later in life. Whether it is digging ditches, milling roads, working in a factory, or for a company indoors, they all teach life skills. To say that youth will benefit more from outdoor work than indoor is PURE speculation. I worked indoors my ENTIRE life (minus working with my uncle milling roads one month) and am doing fine. Most outdoor jobs are very limited with the advancement opportunities/ Poor resume material. Put on a resume that you were awarded highest gross sales among employees for 3 months. That will tell an employer that you are: Personable, marketable, hard worker, goal oriented. Put on resume that you operated a Milling Machine and literally the only people that care about that skill are other milling companies. Not bashing the hard working road crews, just not as strong as a sales job. In today's economy and business world you almost HAVE to be strong at sales if you want a higher income job.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Lol, where ya been buddy! Good to see you posting again.
Hey brother how is business kicking off for you. I have been kinda lurking a little but have had a lot going on over the past few months. I lost my female boxer a month ago to cancer and now my male is only has a few days left. Old age and cancer is taking its toll on him. They both lived good long lives. She was 12 and he is 14. Tough times but I guess we are all dying from the minute we are born.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts