Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :~}

So, as I'm preparing to take my daughter fishing this weekend, I was wondering..

Do any of you remember the first fish you ever caught ? Who were you with that taught you, and where wereyou?

Ever been back to that spot as an adult, and have you had the opportunity to pass the love of fishing you learned along toa kid?

BB

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tiny pond off Beltline road in Dallas TX (middle of ghetto now), with my great grandfather, bream, cane pole, worm, bobber. Prob 4 or 5 years old. Earliest memory i have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well no I don't remember my first fish. But my Mom got what she tells me was my first fish on 8mm film. It was off the pier at our camp on False River (Beuche, LA) with my Dad "Coaching me". I think I was 3 or 4 at the time.

Dad has ALWAYS been my "Favorite fishing buddy" my whole life. He is in his 80's now and can't take being in a boat long anymore. But we still get to fish together from time to time. Along with my oldest nephew. He has been fishing with us since he was very young too. (He's 30 now)

All three of our daughters were taught how to fish young as well. My wife never was really into fishing, but she goes to "Humor me". (This year makes 30 years we have been married, I think I'll keep her for a while :hehe: )

I hope to some day be taking my grandchildren fishing just as Dad and I have done with our daughters and my nieces and nephews. Hopefully Dad will still be around to see that.

I'll be doing some fishing tomorrow as a matter fact. Will be helping at a "Family day" for C.O.P.S. in Forrest Hill. LA. That is a organization that holds events for the families of Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty. One of the things held at the one tomorrow is fishing in a pond with the kids. So I'll be fishing with some kids in a pond. The joy on their faces at one of these events is priceless. You could not give me enough money to replace the joy I get from seeing those kids enjoying themselves. Being a L.E.O. myself I know all too well it could easily be my family at one of these events some brother officers are supporting. So I am more than glad to do what I can to help.

Then I leave here (Greenwell Springs, LA) Tuesday morning for yalls neck of the woods. Coming over there to help with taking some kids fishing for the Hargraves. (So any hot tips as to where to go so I can get the kids on some fish would be greatly appreciated:D )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts