Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

your faveorite inshore rods

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  a 
#1 ·
i pick shimano or st.croix

#3 ·
I picked the one that had nothin next to it since I have a bunch of Ugly Sticks. Need more choices in your poll.

#12 ·
I picked All Star off the list, since I just got one to replace my favorite (broke it fishing in Panama City a couple of weeks ago).

My favorites are American Rodsmiths out of Houston, I've got 3.

I'm probably going to get one made by the Rod Room (custom rods) in Orange Beach sometime. They're fixing my broken American Rodsmiths rod to make it a shorter, topwater rod. The lady there who makes (& fixes) rods says she really likes All Star blanks, but she can't get them anymore. Now she is using St. Croix blanks for inshore rods. I showed her the All Star I bought as an emergency replacement (on sale at Academy) her comment was - "You'll really like that rod!"

I've also got one St. Croix, light action for trout. It is a nice rod, but not my fav.

#14 ·
tat (11/8/2007)

They're fixing my broken American Rodsmiths rod to make it a shorter, topwater rod. The lady there who makes (& fixes) rods says she really likes All Star blanks, but she can't get them anymore. Now she is using St. Croix blanks for inshore rods. I showed her the All Star I bought as an emergency replacement (on sale at Academy) her comment was - "You'll really like that rod!"

I've also got one St. Croix, light action for trout. It is a nice rod, but not my fav.

Kathy (from the rod room)is making my St Croix.. I have an Allstar from academy too.. I like it alot. I opted for the St. Croix because a good friend recomended them.

#16 ·

I bought my first LOOMISrods at Outcast before they moved, and still have 2 of those, THE best inshore rods ....Period!....I use3, 6ft 8in IMX rodssrj-722(6lb) , srj-783 (10lb)and my main man a GLX bsr-802 (8lb)

Second would be ST. CROIX AVID series

OH ya thats Loomis, my fishing buddy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.