Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think this is an interesting video. I am not saying that President Obama has not been spending money. What I do find funny about it though, is that people are just now starting to focus on the fact that the government is wasting money. I have news for you all, its been happening for years and years. Obama did not cause this debt. Yes he has contributed to it. However, how do you propose that we fix this deficit. Explore the financial books that are from the government. The most wasted money is the money that congress spends. The average congressmen makes 250,000 Plus a year, but cost the tax paying citizens over 1 Million per year with all of the things that we allow them to have. All the "entitlements" that we allow them to have.

I wish people would stop just focusing on the President. This economic problem stretches far deeper than the President of the United States. We need to focus on the real problems instead of ignoring them and using 1 person as a scapegoat. For all those who disagree, I value your opinion and absolutely feel that you are entitled to it. Please remember though, that these problems were not created by one person, and will not easily end when our current President is relieved of duty. Everyone needs to do their part, and step one, is replacing our congress with people that actually do care about the United States, and are willing to do what they are supposed to be doing for the citizens without getting something "extra" in return for their efforts.

I say to help with the debt situation, we take all the congressional freedoms away from the congress for a while. Make them pay for their own health care like we do. Take away the government boats, cars, planes and vacation spots. Make them live like we have to on a day to day basis, and then see if things change. Cut there pay to a reasonable amount, and tell them that if they want a raise, they are going to have to earn it, and the US Citizens are going to have to see a major change for the better before they can have it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Where do people come up with these off the wall ideas about congressional pay and benefits? Yes they make about 175K a year, but they pay for their own health insurance just like any other federal employee, contribute to social security at the same rate as everyone else, and their retirement system is the same as any federal employee. DO NOT believe the BS that floats around the internet about their big benefits and retirement at total pay after 2 years and other wild claims, that is all BS. Also be aware that they will be the first people required by Obamacare to purchase insurance offered under the new law. The answer is not in cutting salary and benefits for @600 people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your right, cutting salary and benefits for only 600 wont do a thing...How about doing a complete over-hall of the government employment system, and getting rid of many of the jobs that eat up tax dollars pointlessly. Take a look at your local city, and the positions that are on the government pay list. Can you honestly tell me that all of the positions, pay rates, and other retirements are warranted? Now I want you to think about that, and count how many different cities are in this state and multiply that by 50. How much money is spent each year? Is all of that money really necessary to run the city?

I am not trying to start an argument, but am curious to see if anyone else finds all of the positions and pay rates and retirements warranted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts