Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were thinking about getting out after work, you should have!

With the obvious threat, my wife is pushing me out the door to fish this week. Obliged her this afternoon and set up around 5 o'clock on P'cola Beach. Nothing until almost 6, then four Pomps, one after the other. Wish I had someone with me! It was obviously a couple of schools that came by. Caught 3 more before the catfish moved in at dark. I let the smallest one swim.

These were all small to mid-size, 11-16 inches. I raked some fleas and used some dead shrimp, too. Everything was long distance as usual. I was wading out and casting from a bar as deep as I could chunk. I've got to get used to the braid. I sliced my finger with it ona deep shot, again!

The potential is high tomorrow. Wish I could be there. But I'm thankful God blessed me with some Pomps today.

joe

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Good report !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L:ike i said before. Pompano must shake in there skin when they see you !!!!!!!!!!:hungry

Scott

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Good to hear you got into them! Looks like some pretty tasty dinner! I scouted Grayton this AM and the lake was open, the first 100 yrds from shore looked like Dark Roast coffee!

Still thinkin' about going in the morning. I can put a zip code on some bait, but this area hold quite a few rays normally, so I don't think I'll be wading out the cast. Got the fever bad!! Its not quite 5w30 yet! Hope that stuff gets contained.

Tight Lines!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts