Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have known and kept this friend for 53 of my 57 yrs. I , as most of us could stop now, but since this is a forum......Obviously we met as small boys due to family connections and resumed friendship during high school escapades chasing adventure, fish and ladies... I was better at fishing for sure , but there were some memorable ladies with whom he was the better presenter....Dammit! I still remember this particular one named Janet....He does too...

Any ways , we had several memorable adventures through the early years together and my life settled earlier than his .He was best man in my wedding , and I in his 12 yrs later. .. He was settled in the Arkansas area and seemed to dissappear for a while... Time passes.. My kids are grown , his almost...

"Hey, what are you doing?"

Lets go fishing... We go... Good freinds still...He brings his family home and we go try the shrimp boats early and then on to the pass and beyond...

"Lets go hunting"... Years before I get up there...This is my fourth... Worth the drive and License cost!!

Ox-bow on the Missippi River ... More racked bucks in one day than I have seen in my experience... They (his lease) have a 2 / season and he has a son so I decline the shots...We do take care of the hogs... Hardwoods w/ views of 300 yds 20% , 200+ yds 80% and 100yds 100%...We walk stealthily for almost 5 hrs and see so much... (Who knows what we didn't see???)

4 wheeler riding along the Missippi river bank and then on to duck hunting west of Jonesboro Ark...

There aren't too many ducks, so it takes untill 10:00 to entice our 3 limits... 3 days of this... My waders leak, but I have wool long johns to "warm " me... !

I go looking for geese with a local (Capt Wes, rememmber him?) I have now been on a "wild goose chase"... no geese shot where you can always see several million.. I guess they need a few more million before I can shoot one!...

I leave the Jonesboro camp at 10: 30 AM Tues and pull in my driveway at 7:10 that evening.. My dog was happy to see me... My wife almost as much...

I've been cleaning ducks all morning! Duck breast , w/ jaapena and cream cheese wrapped in bacon on the grill... No wonder Susan left.... too good to be true!

I did meet a partcular Highway Patrolman ... He asked if I was duck hunting... at that time I told him I was was heading to the hog hunt... He said that he had already caught two duck hunters and now a hog hunter... I told him that he HAD to let me go beacause he was obviously over his limit.... He said that "(I'LL ) he'd take his chances"...! I tried...

As good and as beautiful as it it is up there, (no pine trees!) and I do love adventure, there is no place like home! My dog showed my wife how to greet me!

I can't wait to get to Hit-N-Miss!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
For said purposes, it sounds like a lot of fun memories that have never slipped your mind. My friend, I hope and pray you have so many more in the future to enjoy! BTW, Merry Christmas!

Chris

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Good post Worn OUT. :bowdown

I like reading posts like that. Not just look what I got and a pix.

The cop reminds me of the one that pulled me and Emeraldcozy over early in the year. We pulled up to a red light by him and as we pulled off he changed lanes and got behind us and pulled us over. He came up and checked everything and came back and wrote us a ticket for no seatbelt.

After I had the ticket and trying to be the "I wouldn't ever do anything wrong person" I went ahead and asked him this question.

"Hey, you wouldn't be an Auburn fan would you?"

"NOPE, Tide all the way."

"OK, I thought you just pulled me over for the bumper sticker I just put on the tailgate." (It had the 36-0 score from the previous game on it)

He said " Naw, but tell you what. I just wrote you one ticket and you two can split the $10 fine so it will not cause any hardship on either of you"

We all laughed and went on our way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts