Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angel

Had to take Yogi to be put down this morning. The hardest thing I've ever had to do. We have no children, only Yogi.

Thank God for the 10 yrs. he was a joy to our lives.

Last winter wearing his hoodie begging for puppy treats

Sorry just had to vent. I know there are a lot of dog lovers on here.

Menu foods :nonono :blownaway

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to hear that!!!I had to put "Lucky" of 13 yearsdown a year and a half ago(cried like a baby)

I didnt wait too long only about a weekin getting another one... heres "Millie"

It was one of the hardest things I had to putting Lucky down,Millie filled the voids pretty quick and was chewing my ankles so much I didnt have time to think about it.People reccomend waiting a while after losing one but I say it depends on the person.I still miss Lucky but have no regrets getting Millie.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Man, I am really sorry to hear that, I recently had to put down my dog. He was a magnificient Rotty. He has been my best friend for last 10 years. He would die for me but unfortunately he was getting old and cranky. He bit my 5 year old on the arm (really bad)while she was just messing with him. A few years ago he would have just rolled over expecting to get a belly scratch. I should have seen the signs sooner.

My wife did not understand why I had to do it myself, but when you take on the responsibility of having a large powerful dog. Then you need to take responsibility for that animal. I did it myself because Icould not bear the thought of anyone else being with him when he went,and then cried like a baby.

He was my best friend. It will be a long time before I get another one. Sorry for your pain but I can really relate mine is still fresh as well.:reallycrying I still walk outside to give him scraps, and then it hits me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
:angel:angel:angel Couldn't imagine losing this girl right here. Hope I'm lucky enough to have her around for 10 years! Sorry for you loss. Precious dog.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Im sorry to hear about Yogi, I lost Cadi in June and that was a hard one... My they rest in piece...

My sweet Slick Black Cadillac...

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
Sorry to hear about Yogi, Frank. Losing my dalmation Daisy,of ten years seemed harder than my divorse.Hope the rest of your week goes well!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I am sooooo sorry to hear about Yogi. He was the cutest thing!!!

I do agree... I would get another dog as soon as you can handle it... as he/she will NEVER replace Yogi... butwill help fill that void in your broken heart. Prayers sent.....:angel

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss I have two labs a male and a female the male is healthy but my female has had a knee replacement and has a bad hip

·
Banned
744 Posts
Sorry to hear abot your lose. This is Brandi. We just back from LSU vet school. She was getting some kind of bladder infection the our local vet couldn't find out why she kept getting it. I was very impressed with the vet school over there. So far all the blood work looks really good. Just waiting on the urine cultures to get completed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I FEEL FOR YOU. I HAVE A BLACK LAB "JAKE".HE HAS BEEN WITH ME THROUGH COLLEGE AND THE BEGINNING OF MY FAMILY.WE HAVE BROKEN MORE ICE IN DUCK SWAMPS, MADE IT THROUGH MORE BRIAR THICKETS, AND KILLED THOUSANDS OF DUCKS AND DOVES TOGETHER. HE IS A TRUE LOYAL FRIEND THAT IS BY MY SIDE REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION.HE NEVER COMPLAINS AND IS NEVER SHORT THE TASK.HE IS MORE THAT JUST A PET, HE IS PART OF THE FAMILY.PEOPLE SAY THAT IS CRAZY AND THAT PEOPLE GET TOO ATTACHED TOTO PETS. IT IS JUST A DOG. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE A DOG THAT WOULD DIE FOR YOU? I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW I WILL HANDLE HIS PASSING. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts