Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, while all of you are hungover from your New Years activities. I am sitting out here at work on a supply boat at the Thunderhorse watching the Tuna go crazy. To bad it's only about 12-16 ft seas right now. Happy New Year.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
:Flipbird Im not hung over just recovering from surgery. Thanks for letting us know what were missing.:Flipbird that was just a joke:)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately we are not allowed to fish out here. It is killing me, especially with the 50 or 60 live flying fish on the deck. It would be a live baiting at its' best.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Gump- Make sure you stay on that supply boat & keep us posted when the seas go down a bit further. Sure would hate to be out there today in a small craft . What are the flying fish thinking a landing zone ?

4,058 Posts
gump-flyers are still out there?

have you ever caught a yellowfin? if so, can you guestimate what size they are? ugh that makes me so mad....the big boat is up on the hill gettin waxed right now:banghead

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the YFt that we are seeing are in the 60-80lb range, a few may be slightly bigger. Last night we had all of our deck lights on, they were all up around the boat before the weather kicked in. Today they have been busting out of the water everywhere. Unfortunatley the weather looks pretty bad for a few days.

4,058 Posts
oh david...i am not in the woods (yet) because we dont get all the bowl game channels at the farm!! haha that is the ONLY reason....my hangover definately has nothing to do with it, lol. but with the low tomorrow being EIGHTEEN FREAKING DEGREES, you can bet your ass i'll be in the woods tonight thru sunday...roommates are comin back this weekend so you know we're gonna be havin fun.

ya, can't say a 60 foot sportfisherman is going to make 12-16 foot seas feel any better.....

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Hey Gump, why are you guys not allowed to fish ?? We fished all the time whem i was on Bull Winkle. Of course that was a rig and not a crew boat. Gotta suck being in those seas !!!!!!!! :sick:sick:sick

Scott

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chouest Policy for some reason, I think one of the boats in the past had a downtime issue related to line getting in a drive and causing damage. Oh well, I am off watch for now, I will update in the morning. Take care, and Happy New Year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts