Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spoke to Capt. of Lady D... the three sea pigs (Sea Hunter, Sea Spray, and LAdy D) caught yellowfin on the chunk Friday and Saturday nightat the Marlin.

4,058 Posts
Realtor (10/24/2007)50 to 70 LB fish is a BIG fish. I would love to try them out.

Jim

50-70 are cookie cutters/schoolie tuna. plenty of fun on spinning tackle though and topwaters. on 50wides, standup gear though? i'll pass a 60 pound yellerfin off to some newbies/females on the boat

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Iwill second that. Mpre than willing to settle for some cookie cutter fish on the 60# ramge/ If you need a newbee - Pm me

·
Registered
512 Posts
Realtor (10/24/2007)Yeah, No Kidding, pass 'em my way. I have been wanting to do the Tuna thing for a long time.

Jim
Hey Jim. I'm not a Tuna Snob. I'll gladlyput some of those "trash fish" schoolies in the boat with you if this damn weather ever breaks.

4,058 Posts
Lil' Scout (10/24/2007)
Realtor (10/24/2007)Yeah, No Kidding, pass 'em my way. I have been wanting to do the Tuna thing for a long time.

Jim
Hey Jim. I'm not a Tuna Snob.
I don't know who you're referring to, but regarding schoolie tuna, I'm just saying that those don't keep me near as entertained as a fish over 130ish. Schoolie tuna are a freakin blast on spinning tackle though

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Realtor (10/24/2007)Blue Hoo,

Not everyone has had the chance to hook up on a fish of this size. We (Speaking for myself here) have never caught a tuna. I can not even think what it would be like for a fish in the 130's that you speak of. Must be a blast.

Jim

It is fun a few times, but it gets to be work after you have done it enough times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For me to say I do not want a "small" tuna is like a crackhead saying he does not want a "small" rock.Personally I have caught some big tuna but I still get excited every time the rod bends over.I still get excited when we catch saltwater catfish.I get excited just thinking about fishing.Hell sometimes the highlight is just catching bait.Seriously I just love to fish and even if the fish are not that big you can use lighter tackle and still have a blast reeling them in.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
motivator (10/25/2007)For me to say I do not want a "small" tuna is like a crackhead saying he does not want a "small" rock.Personally I have caught some big tuna but I still get excited every time the rod bends over.I still get excited when we catch saltwater catfish.I get excited just thinking about fishing.Hell sometimes the highlight is just catching bait.Seriously I just love to fish and even if the fish are not that big you can use lighter tackle and still have a blast reeling them in.
A FREAKIN MEN, I just love catching and fishing for just about anything. It is just like hunting, when you hear the leave rustling every hair on my body stands up even if it just a doe. Just love the feeling.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
In the game of trolling every time the riggers snaps, the rubber band breaks ,or the rod loads up from a strike it makes [my] heart beats faster. Just the sound of drags burning is enough for no matter what it is we fish for the love of the sea and the thrill of the hunt. Baby 60-70 yellowfins are always welcome anything bigger eats to much ice, with means time to go back in. Hope to see a break in the weather . tight lines

1 - 20 of 42 Posts