Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of y'all know much about this place? I'm looking at some property near there and am wondering if I would get crop dusted with pesticide or is it a cattle farm?

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Do a Google search. Doesn't look like a farm of any kind. Some big mo ey people involved.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
I walked the border last year, if I'm thinking correctly. Management land butts up against it. I didnt see anything that looked remotely agricultural, really confusing.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I walked the border last year, if I'm thinking correctly. Management land butts up against it. I didnt see anything that looked remotely agricultural, really confusing.
I'm pretty sure it's just a land deal. They had to name it something for future development

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I worked there in high school. First day they took a truckload of us boys out to a huge plowed field, probably 200 acres with no trees, and told us to use the tractor and trailer to pick up roots and create a pile so they could be burned. Was promoted to the fence crew. My face peeled from cresoke in the post. Finally ended up cutting survey lines through the swamps out there. All for $1.50 an hour.

Don't think they do any farming out there now, except for pine trees. Mexicans bale the straw. Were several hunting leases too in years past.

I heard a amusement park was coming our way and liked that location. Who knows.

Eglin does border the property, but no other MA. Lots of deer killed out there that came off Eglin to eat the crops when they farmed it years ago.

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
I heard a amusement park was coming our way and liked that location. Who knows.

Eglin does border the property, but no other MA. Lots of deer killed out there that came off Eglin to eat the crops when they farmed it years ago.

That has been going around for several years, last I heard was some kinda multi million dollar water deal (within the last 6 months)... Not sure if they meant water treatment or water park though?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Probably no crop dusting. Could be artesian water concern. Florida's abundance of artesian water, lack of oil production,not much pollution from major industry, good weather, and prominence of forestry make it a valuable source of a shrinking resource. I have a late uncle from Gainesville who was divorced and shared ownership with an ex-wife of about 120 acres in Jackson County. He told me Nestles gave her 6 M for her part. I'm like Billyb... who knows, but I wouldn't figure crop dusting would be a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts