Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody catching any on yellow river? I’ve never found them there. Like to go try again today... any pointers are GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I haven't been to the river this year. Way too much water around Crestview. The guage at Milligan is at 7.53 feet. Not sure where you launch but anything north of Holt will be flooded. Been going after mullet instead.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Where do you live? FishWalton taught me how to catch them with a gold hook. I always snatched before that. I take people with me occasionally and so does he.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where do you live? FishWalton taught me how to catch them with a gold hook. I always snatched before that. I take people with me occasionally and so does he.
im in holt, I’ve spoke with him a while back. We just need to find time to get together

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I haven't been west yet to the mullet holes. Been going east instead. If the rain stops and YR gets right I will try Milton. Maybe we could plan a trip. Going with JB would be a long drive for you.

·
Registered
10,474 Posts
I caught one on a beetle spin once. Tried for another hour solid and decided that crappie was just a dumb one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't been west yet to the mullet holes. Been going east instead. If the rain stops and YR gets right I will try Milton. Maybe we could plan a trip. Going with JB would be a long drive for you.
I’d love to know where the mullet hole on yellow is. Heard about it for years. I’m sure I could figure out how to catch em if I could find em...

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,349 Posts
I was on YR yesterday, looks like coffee with extra milk added. Did manage to catch one 3 finger shellcracker tho. I think he accidentally bumped into my bait, cause I know he didn't see it as muddy as the water is.
Give it another week or so, it'll be good to go then. Crappie aren't abundant like they once were in YR, sure wish the State would stock it and BW with them.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
don't hold your breath on that river clearing up. the rain is coming in today and then sunday again.
jack

·
Registered
10,474 Posts
I'd also like to know where "the hole" is. I'm sure I've driven right by it plenty...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,349 Posts
I was up on blackwater yesterday, water was really clear up the river, down river wasn't that bad either, but not as clear up it. Pond creek looked good too. YR is still coffee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts