Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got on the river today around 10 am. Nice and warm weather today pushed water temps to high 50s by the end of the day. Caught these towards the south end of Weaver River. The water was unusually low today, everyone needs to exercise extreme caution as there have been some pretty big logs thrown into the middle of the sleughs and coves. Nice day of fishing today. We missed a few that tore flappers off of jigs and some short strikes on worms. This weather keeps up and it should be excellent in a couple of weeks. Pics included but nothing to be proud off except these are the first bass for us of 2010!!!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Roger that,, good report,, little or not,,, its fishing,,,, i cant wait to get out in my boat,

·
Registered
35 Posts
at least you got some bites, we went to perdido yesterday and got skunked after throwing everything but lunch at them. I really hope it heats up soon. I cant wait for the bite to pick up.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had to be real methodical with our presentations just to get these to bite. We also wasted about an hour and a half fishing for my reel n rod that I dropped in the middle of a sleugh in 9 ft of water. My partner rigged a trebble hook with zip ties with extra heavy weightsand hooked my finesse worm right in the middle and dragged my pole up off the bottom. I was able to grab my line and pull it into the boat. That was pretty amazing in my opinion, didn't make the day half that bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts