Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think many of you know me and that I have been repairing engines for 30+ years. For almost all of the major makes, Detroit, Perkins, Mitsubishi, Kubota, etc. I order parts by phone or on line and they are delivered to my shop by UPS or FedEx in a day or two.

Well, MR. )&&^%# Yanmar requires me to buy from their local "stocking dealer". This always takes at least a week and I must go pick them up. Time is money and I am a one man operation.

So, I am not accepting anymore Yanmar work! I will maintain my good old Yanmar 5KW genset, (6,500 hours - no probs) and my 3TNA dredge pump, but nobody elses.

Old Grouch Tom

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well, I would have to tell you that I didn't like the fact I had to buy from the "stocking dealer" aka Brown's because they never had anything in stock when I needed it. The good thing was that in 1000 hours and 3 years, we only need about 3 parts and those were rusted items that got saltwater on them when a surge pipe cracked and was dripping on the shaft being slung around the engine room.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I needed an injector for my Yanmar-powered genset a couple of years ago.

One injector.

It took three weeks to come in.

Screw that. Never again.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My last Yanmar parts order finally came in after ten days!

Called a buddy in NY, who is also a boat repair person, he says he can ship me Yanmar parts in a few days at distributor prices.

Damn that's okay for a yankee and a hell of a lot better than "Ding Dong"

Call me if you need parts. No more work for a while as I get a hip replacement Tuesday.

Soon to be, "Bionic Tom"

·
Registered
60 Posts
off route II (11/12/2007)you think thats bad, try dealing with MAN
I agree. Parts are parts, but MAN's must come from across the big pond. Be glad your Yanies hold up. Can't say the same about high dollar MAN's. The only thing they stand behind is the parts counter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts