Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90HP Yamaha (2 stroke) that has a problem. It will not go up or down, but I can hear the motor running in both up and down. I checked the oil level and it is full. Problems began earlier when the tilt operated, but the motor moved slow. Now it won't do anything, and the crappie are biting. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Equalizing valve open? Fits the description but would almost be to easy.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the manual lowering screw?

·
Gig'em
396 Posts
I have a F225 that has had a leaking seal but it would go up and down until last weekend. I cracked open the manual valve, raised it manually, then opened the reservoir cap expecting it to be empty. Fluid was coming out to my surprise. It didn't drain much, so after it stopped I filled it back up. It took a lot. Now it works again. So my point is, it may not have as much fluid as you think.....or it may be full.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sounds like low on fluid, open manual valve, pick engine up on locks, close manual valve. while adding fluid push and hold the up button and suck the fluid In, when the engine moves up all the way let go of the button, continue adding fluid till it comes out of the hole. Put the fill plug back in. Release the lock, open manual valve slowly, lower engine all the way down, close manual valve. Press button and check operation.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help fellas. My manual release adjustment screw is froze up. None of my mechanic tricks work on it. My local marine mechanic suggested almost exactly what Kenny and Aggie said, but every attempt stops at the manual release part. I gave up and got in line at the repair shop. Said it would be two weeks or better. A lot of crappie will live to spawn now.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Thanks for the help fellas. My manual release adjustment screw is froze up. None of my mechanic tricks work on it. My local marine mechanic suggested almost exactly what Kenny and Aggie said, but every attempt stops at the manual release part. I gave up and got in line at the repair shop. Said it would be two weeks or better. A lot of crappie will live to spawn now.
My shop told me two weeks, three weeks ago and yesterdays update is there are 10 boats ahead of me still. Moral of the story… order the plug and get it out by any means necessary. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bodupp, have you tried a manual impact driver?
No, Skip, I have gotten to the point of frustration that I'm going to let the professionals handle it before I blow a gasket myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts