Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 115hp 4 stroke that has a yamaha tach only. Interested in adding some gauges to know more about the engine but don;t want to pay the yamaha prices. Anyone done this with late model 4 stroke? I have wire color chart for the harness but not sure this will work. Ideas?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
There is no information to be had on a 2005 f115 yamaha,, the engine is not command link compatible,, the only information you will get is the hours and if you have a digital tach you already have it,,, the only way to gather information off that engine is to hook a lap top to it,,, hope this helps..

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
i know this is two different motors but let me tell you my situation. i have a 95 yamaha 200. when i bought the boat it had after market gauges in it and was having trouble with oil transfer from front tank to back. i never thought it would be the guages but it was. yamaha gauge sends a signal for oil transfer. put the right gauges in and no more problems. i guess i'm trying to say , talk to a yamaha tech, a trusted one, before using anything other than yamaha gauges.just my thought's, Joey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts