Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My high pressure fuel pump on my 2006 f90 fuel injected is intermittent. Sometimes I have power to the pump when I turn the key on and sometimes not. I verified the pump is good and have a good ground. It seems to be on the + side. I do hear a strange noise from the relay area and the pump will cycle on and off shortly after the noise. I think there may be a bad connection or something. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can trace the wires from the key back? Thanks

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
The pump only runs for a few seconds at key on, when the engine is idling the pump runs for 10 seconds on and 20 seconds off, above 3000 rpm should be on all the time, also there should be power the with the key on, the ecm switches ground to cycle the pump.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It runs intermittently when I turn key on. It may run for 2 sec shut off and the cycle on again. It may do that 3-4 times. When it comes on I hear an unusual noise coming from relay area. I wonder if something is shorting??? It just started doing this last week. Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts