Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is another one for those that are interested....<P align=center>Yamaha Marine Group Announces New F300 V8 Outboard <P align=center>Oct. 8, 2007 <P align=left>Yamaha Marine Group today announced it will offer a 300-horsepower outboard based on the V8 5.3-liter, four-stroke Yamaha F350. Called the F300, the new outboard fills a niche in the marketplace for single and twin applications. <P align=left>The F300 is for boats with transoms that are limited to 300 or 600 horsepower -- boats that need a lot of thrust but not all the power of an F350. <P align=left>Like the Yamaha F350, the new F300 gets all the latest Yamaha technology, such as: <DIR><DIR><P align=left>? Ionic combustion sensors that constantly monitor combustion conditions and adjust spark timing; <P align=left>? A dimpled outer cylinder sleeve to reduce oil consumption; the new Enhanced Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II?) with additional sacrificial anodes; <P align=left>? An innovative internal paint process and new-generation head gaskets; <P align=left>? Yamaha?s Command Link® Digital Electronic Control system with redundant electronic engine control, automatic multi-engine synchronization and electronic throttle and shift. </DIR></DIR><P align=left>Exclusive features include: <DIR><DIR><P align=left>? Operates using 87 octane gasoline rather than 89 <P align=left>? Fuel and ignition maps designed to optimize power using lower octane gasoline <P align=left>? Available in February 2008. :usaflag</DIR></DIR>

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same overweight motor, less horsepower...I guess there will be a few suckers who buy them, but for 200 lbs less you can get a Merc or Zuke 300 and spend less too.

Harry

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats your opinion Harry,, I put this out there for the Yamaha fans...:usaflag

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am putting the F350's on my new boat!!!! Yamaha fan all the way!!! I have had one too many black anchors on the back of my boats!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks, Kenny. There are lots of us who will only go with Yamaha based upon many years of experience!! To each his own....but...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Don't get me wrong...I don't dislike Yamaha at all. In fact, I think they make a hell of a good engine. Their motors are every bit as good as the competition and the quality on all of their motors is excellent.

I just don't see the logic of them putting out a motor that makes the same power as the competition but weighs 33% more. To me, there doesn't seem to be amarket for an 800lb 300, except with people who are soridiculously brand loyal they won't consider competiting products or on boats made by companies that won't give consumers the freedom of choice to rig whateverbrandthey wanton the transom. It looks like Yamaha just de-rated the 350 to keep those customers and companies happy instead of developing a more competitive 300.

The F350 on the other handmakesa lot of sense, especially for folks wanting to run twins instead of trips or trips instead of quads on boats rated for 750 or 1000 HP respectively. The weight issues goes away, purchase price is lower, and maintenance costs decrease.

Of course, that's just my opinion and around here people don't like to hear educated opinions that don't match theirs, so I'll stop posting on this thread.

Harry

·
Registered
92 Posts
Harry Brosofsky (10/16/2007)

I just don't see the logic of them putting out a motor that makes the same power as the competition but weighs 33% more.

I totally agree. I would like to have seen this motor built on a V-6 block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts