Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gene
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 2010 Center Console with a 2010 Yamaha F150 4 stroke. Am told the boat is a one owner boat, owned by an elderly man who just hasnt used it much since he bought it brand new. The son is helping the elderly father sell it and the son is partial owner of a marina in Mississippi. Im told that the motor (and boat) has 115 hours on it. Can I trust the hour gage to be an accurate reflection of the hours used on the motor? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Depends on the gauge, if it is Yamaha multifunction gauge , then yes, if it is a stand alone hour meter then no. He can have someone hook up to the computer and get the correct hours, I would personally request a download anyway.

·
Gene
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir, it is the standard yamaha gage. Has a "mode" button that can access two or three other funtions so I guess it is the multifunction you mentioned. It is not solely a gage that reads hours. Am i understanding you properly?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Thank you Sir, it is the standard yamaha gage. Has a "mode" button that can access two or three other funtions so I guess it is the multifunction you mentioned. It is not solely a gage that reads hours. Am i understanding you properly?
yes you are, can you post a pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts