Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I put the yaks in the water a little after sunrise and got to our first spot up in the bayou around 8am. The bites were slow at first (by the standards of this particular hole), but we did catch quite a few sheepshead and a black drum. Rat reds seemed to be everywhere. After a while we went up to another spot and finished off a 9hr day with several more rats, sheep, and even a striped bass.Highlight of the day was when Philip broke-off a redfish due to a screwed-up eye on his rod. After breaking off, he pulled anchor and paddled over to pick-up his bobber...which decided to run away from him :doh A few minutes later I see it pop back up 20yds behind him. I point it out and he pulls a sweet steath approach to snag the bobber and handline the red from there. :clap

·
Registered
778 Posts
Neat report! It is good to know the Bayou is alive and well. Used to catch a ton of sheepshead and drum between the trestle and cervantes bridge. I am guessing you were using shrimp. Back when I fished all you had to do was pick a bag of hermit crabs from the reeds and fish with them. That is cool catching a striper. Thanks again for the report.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts