Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is coming down mid August and we were thinking about yakkin to the bridge rubble and wrecks off of ft pickens. Google maps has it roughly at 1.6 miles. Has anyone ever done this trip and was it enjoyable?

·
Super Moderator
28,126 Posts
I did a couple years back....caught some nice snaps even a big lane. Also hooked a tank of some sort that broke a rod then ended up breaking off!!! I don't have a GPS/FF on my yak so I had to follow some friends out there!

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you do go, please post a trip report. I've been wanting to try it but can't seem to coordinate a time to buddy up with some one to go out there and that's a little far for me to go solo

·
Registered
810 Posts
I went by Fred Cleveland wreck, which I think is close to there, the other day and didn't mark many fish. I would recommend taking a gotcha there were Spanish everywhere. Didn't hit a cigcycle on a duster at all

·
Registered
615 Posts
That's the closest spot from the beach to catch snapper, there are a couple of other places if you keep heading south from there. If you want to troll for king or spanish mackerel or Mahi you only have to go out a few 100 yards past the second sand bar and just zigzag back and forth parallel to the beach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts