Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Nuttin but Yak Fishin!!!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ya'll Yakheads what do you wear when the weather is HOT and the sun is beating down?

Anyone using Long sleeve Columbia Omni cool shirts?

What about pants? Flats pants or the like.

Other that SPF 100 what do you use to keep that baking sun off the skin? :furious:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I like the Columbia pants that you zip and turn into shorts and the omni shirts are great. Fish mask, hat and sunblock. Haven't done the glove thing and I probably won't have a chance to cause my yak will more than likely be sold by the start of the fishing season.....maybe! I really want to cobia and pomp fish out of it this spring!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Columbia PFG and the equivalent made by AFTCO. I've even started wearing the parts. I'm tired of being burned to a crisp even after a ton of sunscreen

·
Registered
947 Posts
Columbia pants and Columbia Omni or Reel Legends long sleeve performance shirts, boonie hat and Buff. Sunscreen on feet, hands and face... The sun is not your friend. It will catch up to you - my dad is getting pieces cut off of him all the time after a lifetime of no shirt, no sunscreen.

The Columbia/Reel Legend shirts are cooler than going shirtless... The Reel Legend shirts are similar to the Columbia, but half the price.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Like said already, a quality LONG sleeve shirt keeps you much cooler. I personally wear swim trunks. By June or July no need for sun block any more either. I guess one benefit of being brown. The biggest thing for guys that burn easy is to put LOADS of sunblock way up your thighs. Your shorts will ride up and the sun will reach places you woupdnt expect.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Like said already, a quality LONG sleeve shirt keeps you much cooler. I personally wear swim trunks. By June or July no need for sun block any more either. I guess one benefit of being brown. The biggest thing for guys that burn easy is to put LOADS of sunblock way up your thighs. Your shorts will ride up and the sun will reach places you woupdnt expect.
That's the worst kind of burn I can think of.

·
Formerly Hank Hill
839 Posts
I have to avoid the sun, had a skin cancer cut out a number of years ago, now, large brim hat, buff, columbia shirts and pants and full foot coverage. Wash everything in Sun Guard SPF laundey detergent every few months. Cant bring myself to wear gloves in the summer.....

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
Looking thru the Bass Pro catalog to get an idea of what y'all are talking about. Does the World Wide Sportsman and Reel Legends compare to the Columbia? I assume the nano tex is just a remane of Omni? I think for now I will focus on staying warm. Then plan a fishing trip to Destin and visit Bass Pro while there.

·
Nuttin but Yak Fishin!!!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone wear under armor hot weather gear? I don't have any of the other stuff.
I use Columbia Men's Baselayer Midweight LS. These shirts are wonderful and keep you warm. Out last weekend on a lake here in Alabama with temps @ 40 with low wind and I was toasty using that shirt alone. Great base layer as well.

You can get these on The Clymb right now for $23. They retail for $55.

For those of you that don't know The Clymb they hold member-exclusive 72-hour sales on premium brands. Deep discounts on outdoor gear. The only issue that I have run into is size and color options. Other than that it is a great site and it has saved me a ton of $$$ over the years.

They are a member driven site and you can join for free.

However....If you get referred or refer someone AND that person purchases then they give you a $25 dollar credit.

Of course I would love to refer you and get the credit but I would need an email address. That's up to you and I am not trying to solicit by any means....

Otherwise you can go to their website and sign up without me.

·
Senior Yakker
2,765 Posts
Man! Lots of rich folk fishin yaks these days lol. Columbia...really? You guys are aware that academy has the magellan brand for a fraction of the cost right? I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay that kind of money for a fishin shirt.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts