Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true can tilt your motor all the way up and remove engine oil drain plug and not get a gush of oil, like you do when the motor is tilted down ???

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another tip

While the motor is tilted up turn the wheel all the way to the left to rock the motor over to the left. This will allow the oil to drain out of the filter into the block so you don't spill so much while taking that off. It takes a few minutes though. do this before you start the oil change.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another tip

Also if you get a catch pan like this one the spout will fit perfectly under the rubber drain spout off the back of the motor. Just hold the pan in place with one hand and trim the motor down with your other. May need two people but can be done by yourself. Wont spill a drop. I picked this up at advance I think for a couple bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Go info Guys
Somewhere I saw hose with a fitting that you screw into you drain hole.
It was a video of a Chick changing oil on a Yam.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Easiest way is just get a few feet of 3/4 heater hose. It will fit snugly in the rubber snout. Then lower the engine while pointing the hose toward a bucket on the floor. When finished raise the engine, remove hose and replace drain screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts