Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about going next gen and getting a new console im torn between PS3 and Xbox 360 both are good machines and both have there perks but i want to know from any one who either owns a PS3 or a 360 to message me.

things i need to know

1. which has the better online play i know PS3 is free and on sony servers but is xbox free or do you have to pay.

2. how do they work with older TV's and do they look better than there predeceases on the same screen.

3. are there any problems that you have had from either. ( i know about the red ring of death for 360's)

thanks for the help

·
Registered
530 Posts
get a PS3.

i have a 360 and my best friend has a ps3. you have to pay a monthly fee for xbox live-to play online.

they will both look better on old tv's just becase of the quality of the games. the ps3 looks better in my pinion pn older onesand on HD tv's theres no comparison.

ive had the red ring thing on 2 of my 360's so far and my friend hasnt had any with his ps3.

the only reason i would say to get an xbox is because of the game selection but that will change once the ps3 has been out for a little while longer.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Blue Ray or HD DVD.

Games 1 month later or "Brand New"

PS3 or X-Box360

Both have media clients for networked servers

Search some gamer forems but that's a holy war I don't want to understand.

:mmmbeer

Stressless

·
Registered
205 Posts
We have a ps3. It doesn't cost to online. Our is connected to out cable internet. he can go anywhere on the internet he wants. It is great to watch moves on and it is wireless everything. I hated the ps2 because while I was cleaning I had all the cord to move .not anymore. It is kinda loud until you get use to it and if you do buy one you need to but and intercooler, it goes around it to keep it from over heating. The ps3 is basically a computer, is has regular memory car slots like in your digital camera. To get everything that you need it will cost you about $850 though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
For game selection the 360.... can I say Halo 3?

Internet gaming..... 360...even tho you have to pay its a better gaming community

Picture and detail.....PS3

Versitility......ps3

I will be buying a 360 soon.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I bought my son a 360 for christmas, and it just quit working(red ring thing I guess) Several friends have had to send them back. I dont know how much it will cost me yet.(if anything)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the red ring of death is covered you need to call them and they send you a cardboard coffin kind thing and it takes about 3 weeks to get it back (i watch G4 they cover that stuff)

also im not in to halo really im buying this to play call of duty 4 modern combat and i want to get resistance fall of man which is ps3 only and both are online play which i want to get into and why im leaning towards sony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts