Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got him late yesterday afternoon. To be honest, I was really after the doe he was with. I was quite surprised when "she" became a "he" as I walked up. Took a 200 yard shot w/ my .308 and dropped him cold. Weight on the hoofwas 170lbs. That makes 4 for me this year, I just may be done. Have a good one,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
28,604 Posts
At 200 yards how did you confuse him fer a nannie??? Ohhh boy you opened yourself fer that un... You did good anyway, but folks will definitely tell ya about it... All my kin live up in VA and hunt it along with West VA and they are smokin' the deer. Looks like I'll be planning trips fer next year. Good job on the buck and congrats!

·
Super Moderator
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt open myself up at all really. There were literally minutes of shootable light left. You know how it is up here when that sun gets down behind the mountains.It gets dark quick!!! Clean shot, good deer, no worries.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, its a bit different hunting up here than sitting on food plots where you have a good contrast until well past legal shooting light. Come on up next year!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I can see how the mix up. You knew one was a buck and one was a doe. It got a little darker and they swapped places and in the scope you popped the one that was standing where the doe was before you put the scope up. Good legal deer and good shot and good job. congratulations. No Problem here. Sounds like a successful hunt either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts