Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for something slightly smaller and preferably two stroke, just looking into the idea if someone has anything suitable, mine is the longest shaft series they sold, new plugs water pump and thermostat, recently flushed cooling system, motor runs perfectly i just dont like honda and i dont need so much power. looking for preferably a johnson/evinrude or yamaha long shaft of about 6-10 hp in similar condition.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have an older eska 7.5 but it needs the carb rebuilt. I dont have much experience with the eska's but am told they are really good motors. I know when the carb is not flooding it runs great. But it does need to have a kit put in the carb so not sure if your willing to consider a trade on it.......

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not really sorry, my motor is running great i just dont like honda, id rather not have a carb war between me and a new outboard trade lol, outboards and me/my sailboat, just dont get along, thanks for the offer tho.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thats what this one is on, my sailboat. Would rather not have to use an outboard at all but not that easy sailing out of pensacola shipyard to the open water....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hear ya, i have grown to hate having an outboard on mine, what brand and model sailboat do u have?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have a 23 foot Watkins trailer sailer. Still getting used to having one that I need to put the mast up when I want to go sailing, but its a sailboat.... Had a 26ft Columbia MKII up in Maryland that I lived on for a year...

I have not had the chance to actually sail the watkins yet cause of the carb issues. I work on motorcycles and atv's every day and hate working on my own stuff... but we will get it out there one day soon and see how she sails. I hear watkins sail pretty good..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm not familiar with that brand, me and my girlfriend live on our 1980 hunter 27 tall rig, going out saturday if you wanna come :D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btt last time, open to trades for yamaha, merc, suzuki, and johnson/evinrude.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have an older 9.5 hp Evinrude that runs great. I have been looking for something bigger for my John boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts