Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
PAWGhunter said:
I've seen it happen too many times over the years...the 'jackals' always turn on each other and start pointing fingers. There are a lot of honest people on the piers, but always a few a-holes that ruin it for everyone...same with boaters and kayakers. Some people are just d1cks:laughing:
Well said my friend.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,271 Posts
Just curious, but are there signs on the piers? You know Pensacola has a lot of out of state visitors that may not know the rules. Killing or injuring one of those folks in the name of getting that 4" wide 100 yard long chunk of water all to yourself seems a bit selfish at best. I could see how both groups of folks would think the others are idiots.

·
2019 Hobie outback
2,675 Posts
I hear all this talk of going after someone on the pier. Even a lion knows enough to stay away from a pack of Jackles.
jackles u mean jackals, haha more like jackass hahahahahahahahaha thats funny. its not like there a big gang on the pier, i pier fished before and i have not seen anything on there that scares me.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
why is it every year there are half a dozen threads about slinging lead and still people that read this forum get to close and act like its a big deal. Don't wanna get lead slung at you stay away from the pier, they fish on top of that big ole thing they use hooks, sharp ones too, and yep u guessed it even lead, so whats so dang confusing about that?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Fished the pier and fish yaks.

The Pier IQ and dumb and dumber antics made me head for open water. That being said I fished a Paddle Kayak for 5 years before getting a foot powered one.

In either kind of yak if you're retying or fighting a fish the direction and distance you go is not always in your control. If someone is unintentionally getting too close a friendly one finger salute or polite holler to, "Move the Faq On" is usually all that's required.

We'll move on out if we can, if that person doesn't locate you're nearest Constable or Pier "Leisure Policeperson" and point out the offender. Let the $ do the talking.

As a side note a few years ago my wife and paddled over to Little Sabine point to watch the Blue angles show -- we launched from Live Oaks off 98 and with boat traffic it was much less dangerous to cross down further South along Bob Sikes. She was Hollywood - no fishing rods or anything else in the yak and I had a one rod with the lure stowed. While we were crossing under the bridge a fat faq'in redneck rat ZInngGGed a gothca lure at my wife, it bounced off her bow - she was behind me.

I went at quick pace to the nearest beaching point, unsheathed my 9" fillet knife and 3 Fairborne knife I always have and went hunting. He's alive today cause he ran before I got to the deck.

Be careful whom you trespass bodily harm on from the pier(s).

We'll do our best to self enforce the distance and responsible ethics while fishing from the yak. Please do the same from the pier and realize there is generally no intent to harm you while looking for a fish and/or being distracted. There is when you load and throw a harmful missile, potentially deadly, at another person.

Warmest Regards,
Stressless

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
capt'n slim said:
why is it every year there are half a dozen threads about slinging lead and still people that read this forum get to close and act like its a big deal. Don't wanna get lead slung at you stay away from the pier, they fish on top of that big ole thing they use hooks, sharp ones too, and yep u guessed it even lead, so whats so dang confusing about that?
I'm pretty sure that he stated that he stayed the 100 yards away. Whats so dang confusing about that?

·
NRA Lifetime Member
490 Posts
Fished the pier and fish yaks.

The Pier IQ and dumb and dumber antics made me head for open water. That being said I fished a Paddle Kayak for 5 years before getting a foot powered one.

In either kind of yak if you're retying or fighting a fish the direction and distance you go is not always in your control. If someone is unintentionally getting too close a friendly one finger salute or polite holler to, "Move the Faq On" is usually all that's required.

We'll move on out if we can, if that person doesn't locate you're nearest Constable or Pier "Leisure Policeperson" and point out the offender. Let the $ do the talking.

As a side note a few years ago my wife and paddled over to Little Sabine point to watch the Blue angles show -- we launched from Live Oaks off 98 and with boat traffic it was much less dangerous to cross down further South along Bob Sikes. She was Hollywood - no fishing rods or anything else in the yak and I had a one rod with the lure stowed. While we were crossing under the bridge a fat faq'in redneck rat ZInngGGed a gothca lure at my wife, it bounced off her bow - she was behind me.

I went at quick pace to the nearest beaching point, unsheathed my 9" fillet knife and 3 Fairborne knife I always have and went hunting. He's alive today cause he ran before I got to the deck.

Be careful whom you trespass bodily harm on from the pier(s).

We'll do our best to self enforce the distance and responsible ethics while fishing from the yak. Please do the same from the pier and realize there is generally no intent to harm you while looking for a fish and/or being distracted. There is when you load and throw a harmful missile, potentially deadly, at another person.

Warmest Regards,
Stressless

Well put. I could see them shutting the pier down if someone go killed or hurt by casting a lead weight at them.

Then what would the Pier Rats do??? Back to fishing the beach.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you are close enough to the pier - in a boat or a kayak - that guys are winging lead at you then you are too close! It's real simple - go twice as far off as you think you should, just to be safe. Forget about what the posted or even unwritten rules are. Not sure why so many guys have a hard time understanding this?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I'm calling BS on all this. This guy would have posted the vid by now if there was one, I think its just someone messing around with this old topic and stirring the pot so to speak. just 2 cents, let this all die until someone post a little proof this happened to them.....
i concur with this....if he doesnt know how to post said video then email it to a member and they can post it for you....but he may be tired from the pot stirring and had to rest

·
OOK
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well thanks gents for such scepticism. I'm a newbie on the forum but certainly will not post anything else.

I assure you the incident happened and I assure you that the video was shown to SRSD and pier mgmnt. I was counseled by SRSD to not post it publicly. However, pier mgmnt confirmed the casting zone from the pier is 100 yds and they said they would be more proactive to prevent such harassment in the future. SRSD stated that if a kayaker is hit by malicious pier patrons and there is a video or witnesses the matter will be handled as assault and generally a misdemeanor but depending on damages or injuries it could be considered felonious.

Sorry for being a newbie and showing my ignorance.

To those who offered advise, thanks

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Well thanks gents for such scepticism. I'm a newbie on the forum but certainly will not post anything else.

I assure you the incident happened and I assure you that the video was shown to SRSD and pier mgmnt. I was counseled by SRSD to not post it publicly. However, pier mgmnt confirmed the casting zone from the pier is 100 yds and they said they would be more proactive to prevent such harassment in the future. SRSD stated that if a kayaker is hit by malicious pier patrons and there is a video or witnesses the matter will be handled as assault and generally a misdemeanor but depending on damages or injuries it could be considered felonious.

still calling BS

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
From the Moderators: This belongs in the "Slinging Lead from Piers at Boats/Kayaks/Surfers/etc forum. Will this wind ever lay off?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dammit yall, if you guys had bulldogged this poor feller we might have got a video out of him, now we'll never get to see it.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Ocarter2, don't give in to what some people say. This forum is big enough for everyone. Let the comments fall "like water off a duck's back". There is still a wealth of information to be obtained from 94.3% of the people on this forum. The other 5.7% are looking for confrontation. Of those you just have to ignore and "post" on!!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts