Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of IDIOTS are working in the pensacola council?Its bad enough the oil spill is taking away money and jobs but why close bayfront parkway.It makes no sense.Cortney works at landrys and got sent home again early because the traffic was a clusterfuk and barricades were blocking out customers.Im sure other businesses are feeling the effects.This is supposed to be a move made by city council.Why cant they leave good enough alone.Everything is bad enough already.Construction has come to a complete hault and now this crap.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Check the nexus between council woman megan "benson" pratt and her mother ecua board member lois "benson" who lives in the aragon community that borders bayfront parkway and who is pushing to one lane bayfront all the time for your answer.
Mark w

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found this in the paper.wonder if the same people who encouraged this or are using it are going to put grocerys on my table next week>?Thought that was what the sidewalk was for

ayfront Parkway will be closed to vehicle traffic from Tarragona to Chase streets today to allow pedestrian and bicycle access to "Bayfront Sunday."

"Bayfront Sunday" is the first of two events this month that will give people the opportunity to walk, bike, skateboard or in-line skate on Bayfront Parkway.

The closure will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Westbound traffic from the Pensacola Bay Bridge should use Gregory Street, while eastbound traffic on Main/Bayfront should take Tarragona Street to Chase Street.

Eastbound access to the Pensacola Bay Bridge will be via Chase Street and Bayfront Parkway, east of Chase Street, and via 17th Avenue.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
markw4321 (14/06/2010)Check the nexus between council woman megan "benson" pratt and her mother ecua board member lois "benson" who lives in the aragon community that borders bayfront parkway and who is pushing to one lane bayfront all the time for your answer.
Mark w
So this woman is sacrificing peoples job for her own personal sidewalk at her doorstop.This is useful information .Thank you.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,092 Posts
I don't know from Adam, but maybe Landry's should offer a "Bayfront Sunday" special for walk-ins or even take out sandwiches. Seems MORE people in the area would be an opportunity for more, if different, business.

Doesn't sound like the event was planned very well in any case.

I wouldn't think residents would be in favor of more traffic in the neighborhood either.

Not sure what good making Bayfront a one way street would do anybody either.

I'm missing info obviously.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts