Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not quite sure of the size I need but I would like a minimalist wet suit. I wear 32x30 pants if that helps.

·
eating tasty
3,803 Posts
it would be helpful if you told us what you want to use the wetsuit for. a cheaper suit is fine for diving, but you get what you pay for like everything else. if you want one for surfing, look for one with as few zippers as possible, and a comfotable strtchy neoprene. i have the ripcurl elastomax and use it for everything and absolutely love it. the cheaper diving ones are ok for diving and some things, but if you are going to be swimming alot or paddling, you want one that won't bunch and rash up your armpits, trust me.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yeah man... A wetsuit is somthing you want to buy new. They can get pretty funky if not properly stored. Probably half the people who dive pee in them. Go see the guys at MBT and bite the bullet.

·
eating tasty
3,803 Posts
Corpsman (12/21/2007)Yeah man... A wetsuit is somthing you want to buy new. They can get pretty funky if not properly stored. Probably half the people who dive pee in them. Go see the guys at MBT and bite the bullet.
i'd say probably 100%. there are two types of people who pee in wetsuits: those who pee in their wetsuit, and those who lie about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response!

Actually I want one for stone crabbing and surf fishing. Probably a spring suit would do, less restriction the better.

MBT? What and where is that?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
i have an oneill 2/1 spring suit that i wore once. it might be a bit big for you, but youre welcome to take a look at it.

·
eating tasty
3,803 Posts
I have a Gotcha 2 mil spring suit that I literally have only worn once or twice... size medium. I'm a 31 waist so it will prob fit you. I'd take 25 bucks for it.

Josh 255-9310

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you want a shorty or a .5 to 3mm suit come see us at Bay Breeze, we are in Gulf Breeze next to the Quality Inn on 98 east at the foot of the 3 mile bridge.

We have wetsuits on sale now from 20-40% off...

Come by or give us a call anytime...

And Josh is right you get what you pay for so find something for a good price that is good quality and comfortable and make an investment or you will end of selling it for a loss and buying something better in the long run...

I have made that mistake so what ever and wherever you buy get something you will like and use and keep even if it costs a few more dollars...

We have Akona, Bodyglove and Cressi and they all make nice wetsuits...

I think MBT still has Neosport by henderson and I bought 4 suits from them a year and half ago...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input. I think I have decided on a full suit, 3/2. I will have to stop in after Christmas and check out the wet suits.

What about NRS, I have been looking at their farmer johns's. Anybody had any exp with em?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a two piece Akona brand wet suit from Leisure Pro (online) over two years ago (over 100 dives for sure) for 143.00 The wetsuit is great , I wear the long sleeve shorty over the farmer john in the winter or the springs, and just the shorty in the summer. About a year ago I tore a seam on one of the legs of the long john (in a hurry) I called Akona to ask if it was possible to patch it, they asked me to send it to them which I did they replaced not only the long john I sent them ,but the shorty as well (I now have two great shorty's). I forgot to mention the suits are both 3 mil so with both on you have 6 mil in the torso and 3 mil at the extremeties for ease of movement. And those other members are right every body pees in their wet suits ,including me---buy new with this item.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts