Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As unlikely and embarrasing as it sounds, while bush hogging a new food plot, my carry piece fell out of the cup holder and got run over by the Bush Hog. I don't recommend trying this - here's what it looks like now:

Soooo, I am looking for a replacement 9MM Carry Gun - prefer Taurus, but may also look at Kahr or others.

Please PM me if you got one you might sell at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
736 Posts
how much are you looking to spend?............the only 9mm i have to sell is an hk usp compact v1...........i would stay away from the poperb guystaurus,or his other used guns for that matter.......they are all old versions/ not current........ the prices are kindahigh......he sells guns on other websites also so he may have some wiggle room on the prices to give you a more fair deal...........check out auction arms or gunbroker forgoodprices.....academy has good prices also.....current generation/ new guns..........ruger p95's are under $350 and they have taurus under $350 also

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Mudskipper. I'm not familiar with the H&K pistols. I have a CCW, so I may go hit Academy and a few Gun/Pawn shops to see what's out there. What are you looking for for the H&K?

·
Registered
736 Posts
hk handguns are some of the finest production guns made.......they are $800 or $850 at academy and $850 and up at jays guns........i would let it go for $650......it is 100% condition in the original box.....i have five of them....if you are looking for the most reliable mil-spec, shoot every time, shoot +p+ ammo, no problem at 50,000 rounds type of gun get an hk.......if you are looking for a cheaper i might run it over with a bush hog gun than head to academy and buy something for half the price...........good luck

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree with Poker, look at the Springfield XD line. I own an XD9 and it is one of the most comfortable and accurate guns I have shot. Not to mention Springfield Armory is an excellent company.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh yea mine are not that beat up and I have new ones as well- it is too bad someone is telling you to stay away from me- what I do?????

Randy

·
Registered
736 Posts
i certainly did not in say tostay away from you personally.........you could be the nicest guy in the world.........and you definitely have some new guns for sale so those can't be used...........i was just letting someone who was looking for a particular gun know that he could do better than the one you have for sale ( newer and cheaper)..........anyone is free to buy or trade from you if they wish....you might even have something i would be intersted in..........i realize that you came on this site to sell guns so if they are discussed please don't think my comments were made to be negative against you:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stopped by Academy today, picked up a Smith&Wesson SS Sigma 40 Cal, unbelievable price...$299, plus another $50 Rebate and rthey send me 2 more free magazines. Not as compoact as the Taurus was, but tough to argue with that price for a S&W. I'll tryto post some pix tomorrow.

Thanks for all the tips and replies.

Ed

·
Praedator
10,092 Posts
PensacolaEd (12/13/2007)Stopped by Academy today, picked up a Smith&Wesson SS Sigma 40 Cal, unbelievable price...$299, plus another $50 Rebate and rthey send me 2 more free magazines. Not as compoact as the Taurus was, but tough to argue with that price for a S&W. I'll tryto post some pix tomorrow.

Thanks for all the tips and replies.

Ed
That is a good price, I may have to swing by there and take a look. So it was basically $250 after rebates?

·
Registered
736 Posts
certainly not my favorite choice but for the money who can argue with it......wow what a super price.........the first couple runs of those sigmas were bad news........the more recent ones have had the bugs worked out.........you should have a newer one as academy sells lots of guns......my personal thoughts are that if i am faced with protecting myself with a firearm i wan't the most expensive andwell made one i can find.........please break your new sigma in properly it will make a big difference in the long run...........if you don't know how, do some web searches on proper break in techniques (clean shoot clean shoot cleanmethod) and put a couple hundred rounds down range before you start trusting your life on that pistol.........congrats..............p.s. i hope that ammo in the picture was not your self defense load

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My roomate has the sigma 40 and it's a pretty sweet deal. Can't argue about the price....just awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That Sigma is exactly want you want for on the bushhog....especiallywith thatdiscount and the extra mags bonus Cheap and reliable GLOCK copy. No frills.

I carry one while bow hunting because its affordible and easy to clean....when I clean it.I haven't had it misfire or jam and I abuse it.The big downside is the long trigger pull and DA only. Makes for an inaccurate first shot.

If you haven't shot one before, you'll have to get used to the trigger pull. It is extremely long and makes most shooters torque the gun and hit low. Make sure you thoroughly clean it before shooting it out of the box. It comespreservedfrom the factory and the trigger pull will increaseas you shoot rounds if you don't break it down and clean it before the firstshoot(Manual doesn't tell you this).There really is no breaking in of this gun....its more the shooter getting used to the long trigger and disciplining oneself not to anticipate the shot....which is hard to do with the long pull. You'll be hard pressed for tight groups past7 yrds. It also shoots hollow points with no problem.

Shoot 3-4 boxes of Blazer Brass through it and you should be used to the trigger. If you don't,you'll want to get rid of it.

After you shoot yourSigma....pick up one of yourbetter guns (Sig, HK, Kimber) and shoot it....you will have an immediate orgasm. :)

Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was refering to the trigger/firing assy. Not muchcan be modified to help with the long trigger pull.

It is what it is.It holds up well in the woods and is a good backup to your bow or rifle.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the info, everybody. I shot it today, and I got used to the trigger right away. I'm very happy with it.

Ed

1 - 20 of 20 Posts