Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

WTB Taurus "Judge"

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  no woryz 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a used taurus judge at a reason price. I spent time on the water with a friend the other day and he convinced me that this was the perfect boat gun. You have a choice of shooting .410 or Colt .45 Longs. Smaller than my Mossberg JIC Mariner.

See less See more
#3 ·
I read somewhere that the.410 series ammowere hard to come buy in the proper length for the gun. It does seem like the perfect snake gun if you like overkill.

I also read that somebody tried a 45-70 round in them. I don't think thoat would be a good idea even though it fit....

#8 ·
If you want snake shot ammo for your pistol, you can get it in 9 mm to to .45 ACP calibers. I really don't see the advantage of a Taurus Judge revolver. The 410 shotgun shell is useless at a distance and if you plan to use 410 slug ammo in it, you are better off using .45 ammo. The If you're really concerned in defending yourself at sea, you're really better off with a rifle or a 12 gauge shogun.

#9 ·
Orion45 (3/22/2009)If you want snake shot ammo for your pistol, you can get it in 9 mm to to .45 ACP calibers. I really don't see the advantage of a Taurus Judge revolver. The 410 shotgun shell is useless at a distance and if you plan to use 410 slug ammo in it, you are better off using .45 ammo. The If you're really concerned in defending yourself at sea, you're really better off with a rifle or a 12 gauge shogun.
Or he could just get the Judge he wants and shoot .45 LC out of it instead of buying a 9mm or .45 acp. .410 is alot better on snakes than 9mm or .45.

#10 ·
SplitTine (3/22/2009)
Orion45 (3/22/2009)If you want snake shot ammo for your pistol, you can get it in 9 mm to to .45 ACP calibers. I really don't see the advantage of a Taurus Judge revolver. The 410 shotgun shell is useless at a distance and if you plan to use 410 slug ammo in it, you are better off using .45 ammo. The If you're really concerned in defending yourself at sea, you're really better off with a rifle or a 12 gauge shogun.
Or he could just get the Judge he wants and shoot .45 LC out of it instead of buying a 9mm or .45 acp. .410 is alot better on snakes than 9mm or .45.
You're missing the point. I said that a rifle or a shotgun is better than a Taurus Judge as a boat weapon, which was the original post's topic I did not say that he should buy a 9mm or .45 ACP as an anti-snake weapon. I merely said that snake loads are available in calibers from 9mm to .45 ACP. As a matter of fact, they are also available im .22 and .223 caliber. I like Taurus products and have owned three of their pistols. The Judge however, is nothing more than a hype, IMO.

#11 ·
Orion45 (3/22/2009)
SplitTine (3/22/2009)
You're missing the point. I said that a rifle or a shotgun is better than a Taurus Judge as a boat weapon, which was the original post's topic I did not say that he should buy a 9mm or .45 ACP as an anti-snake weapon. I merely said that snake loads are available in calibers from 9mm to .45 ACP. As a matter of fact, they are also available im .22 and .223 caliber. I like Taurus products and have owned three of their pistols. The Judge however, is nothing more than a hype, IMO.
Or he could just buy what he wants...maybe he wants to keep it in the electronics box or someplace on the deck...cant do that with a shotgun...the judge is close range weapon if somebody gets on your boat then you can have it at your fingertips to smoke them

#12 ·
fisheye48 (3/22/2009)
Orion45 (3/22/2009)
SplitTine (3/22/2009)
Or he could just buy what he wants...maybe he wants to keep it in the electronics box or someplace on the deck...cant do that with a shotgun...the judge is close range weapon if somebody gets on your boat then you can have it at your fingertips to smoke them
You're absolutely correct.

#13 ·
I have a 2 1/2 SS Judge "not for sale" and I feel its a good home defense gun. I can kill any intruder with most any handgun as I am a fair shot. However my wife is not quite the shot she needs to be. The buckshot or #4 loads improve her accuracy on a short range shot and the simplicity of a revolver is second to none at home. Just my opinion..its loaded now with 3 #4's and 2 colt slugs...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.