Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some planning in preparation for hunting (via speargun) a record warsaw grouper (437+ lbs). Many of the preparations are complete.

If you know the location of a very large warsaw grouper, in less-than 350' of water (the shallower the better), I would like to discuss the possibility of acquiring the location.

I am offering a $5,000 cash reward to the person who provides me with the spot where I shoot the record fish. You are also welcome to take pictures of the fish with your boat and crew, if you want them.

Since I am more interested in the fish, rather than the specific location, I am open to having you take my team to the spot aboard your boat, or mine.

Are you ready to make history? If you know of the location of a BIG warsaw, and are willing to help us go after him, please send me a PM.

Someone is going to receive the $5,000 in cash. It might as well be you.

Thanks!

Whackum

Notes:
  • This offer is valid until December 1st, 2013.
  • The $5,000 will be placed in escrow.
  • The fish is expected to be taken, and the prize awarded, in 2014.
  • I will own any fish speared.
  • I reserve the right to reject or ignore any offer.
  • We will sign liability releases should we go on your boat.
  • The current state and world record warsaw was caught off of Destin (436 lbs, 12oz).
  • Please only post to this thread if you know of the location of a very large grouper. Please post opinions, rants, and armchair warrior BS elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I put this here because I didn't think it was useless...

Aren't Goliath's protected?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The Ozark.....

Just give me the check tomorrow at the MBT Underwater Pumpkin carving contest...lol...

Get some video of this...... I gotta see this one unfold.... Hell, I wanna go....

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Get in touch with that guy that owns the Headhunter. That story he wrote about killing that monster warsaw(403lbs) stated there were several others on the wreck.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
They almost look like bait standing next to that Monster.... If you can find some ROV guys that work the Louisiana Oil Fields, they can tell you hundreds of stories about what you are looking for. I myself saw one on the monitor many years ago that was about the size of a Volkswagon. Let us know how it goes.............

·
Registered
825 Posts
not meaning to derail this and good luck with the hunt but how in the *&%# do you actually keep a fish of that size from just dragging you around when you shoot it? shoot it in the head or what? and even then, how do you swim with it to the boat?

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
forever. You shoot it and have bags filled with air attached. Kinda like the "Jaws" concept with the barrels. But you can see that the guy stoned that grouper.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Get in touch with that guy that owns the Headhunter. That story he wrote about killing that monster warsaw(403lbs) stated there were several others on the wreck.

Holy freaking cow that's a big fish :notworthy:
I'd be scared if I shot that thing he'd pull the spear out and eat me just for pissing I'm off

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Ozark.....

Just give me the check tomorrow at the MBT Underwater Pumpkin carving contest...lol...

Get some video of this...... I gotta see this one unfold.... Hell, I wanna go....
Hey Clint, I could make a spot for you on the team if you are interested. I hope to do a reconnaissance dive on the Ozark in November.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What if I take you and he isn't there anymore. What is my reward for taking you to the potential spot?
That's a tough one. I would rather not pay to be taken to spots with no big grouper on them. I am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Now that's what I am taking about!

Do you know where the boat is out of?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts