Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a boat that was equipped with a Raymarine GPS and has a spot for a radar but no antenna. Looked up online but couldn't find just the antenna and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much they cost and if I have to get a Raymarine C80 Antenna or will something else work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can find the radomes used for about $1k, new around $1600. The C80 doesn't support the digital antennas. If your wanting the radar for the overlay function and target acquisition you will also need a heading sensor (smart heading system, autopilot, etc...)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey coot commander , i have a c80 also. I will ask because i dont know---- I have been using the c80 for couple years now, what will the radome/overlay do for me? Also, if you are looking at screen the vessel point, from when you turn steering wheel, there is a few second delay from when it shows on screen( the vessel point movement) is that the way all chartplotters are? (referring to the slight delay)? thks GG

·
Registered
765 Posts
The heading systems use an electronic compass that speeds that lag up dramatically. There are several things you can do with the overlay function, however regardless of what people tell you I would say 90% of small boats with radar have it to mark boats sitting on private spots...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts