·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: jaster

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i'm still learning how to match the tiller rated hp and the pto hp.
agri supply and tractor supply have them. i'm hoping to find a used one.
jack
You want to be in the middle as much as possible If the tiller is rated 18 to 32 hp and you have a 18 hp tractor that will be over working the tractor and could break the pto shaft if something hard is hit. But if you have a 32 hp tractor your over working the tiller and it could fail prematurely. I would rather over power the implement and throttle down than have to run a tractor WOT just to use it

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Where in Brewton?
Farm Center. Only complaint is the narrow width hitch points. But a set of quick hitches give me just enough to make it work!

I would rather have a USA made one and may upgrade in the future, but for a budget, hard to beat. Bought tiller and cultipacker for less than 2k

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Happen to be right here... they have gone up like everything else. He is asking $1450 I think... but bring cash I can assure you, you can get it atleast $100 cheaper atleast

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You want to be in the middle as much as possible If the tiller is rated 18 to 32 hp and you have a 18 hp tractor that will be over working the tractor and could break the pto shaft if something hard is hit. But if you have a 32 hp tractor your over working the tiller and it could fail prematurely. I would rather over power the implement and throttle down than have to run a tractor WOT just to use it
the 1026r tractor is rated 25 hp and the pto is 18. wilson, you saying that i need a tiller with less hp or the same as 18?
jack

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
the 1026r tractor is rated 25 hp and the pto is 18. wilson, you saying that i need a tiller with less hp or the same as 18?
jack
The 18 should be fine (4foot ) if you step up to the 5 I would image it would be rough on it untill the ground has been broke well and past the root layer. How wide is you tractor outside rear tire it outside?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 18 should be fine (4foot ) if you step up to the 5 I would image it would be rough on it untill the ground has been broke well and past the root layer. How wide is you tractor outside rear tire it outside?
57 wheel base and 54 mower.
jack

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a 30 hp. John Deere and a 5 foot tiller and it is almost too much for the tractor. My tiller is from tractor supply. One thing I have found out about using the tiller when you have a lot of clay, your soil will quit draining as much as before I started using it. I don't use mine much anymore because of this.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i checked out tractor supply and the 5ft tiller is rated for 25-50 hp. maybe you have an old tractor? i am still learning about the hp so any suggestions are appreciated.
jack

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i checked out tractor supply and the 5ft tiller is rated for 25-50 hp. maybe you have an old tractor? i am still learning about the hp so any suggestions are appreciated.
jack
I have a 32 hp with 26 pto hp I have ran a 5 foot with it but (I have a 4 and I break shear bolts regularly)I'm sure it would run a 6 if I was really careful but like jpwallnuthill said on the 5 foot clay you can feel it working the tractor no not to hard but roots or a rock a no go. I'm not saying your tractor wont run a 5 foot it will on good ground but it could break the tractor if you hit something not the shear bolt or clutch depending on what's on the drive shaft of the tiller. What I'm getting at is its a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to replace a shear bolt than a output shaft or something deeper and even more expensive. If you just want a 5 foot make sure the shear bolt or clutch is rated less than your max pto hp of 18 hp. hopefully this makes sense. I made need to come down and sit in your class to get my typing English up to were people can understand me. lol

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wilson,
spelling and grammar is not the key. the key is did you communicate your idea.
i don't understand half of what you said but i am ignorant on tractor hp and what it will push.
nevertheless, you did communicate your info. i'm still learning.
jack

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts