Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son is 5 (6 in Mar) and we are getting a PS3 this year. If anyone has any PS1/2 or3 games (race cars are his fav) that they are no longer using please let me know. I have been told the PS3 will play PS1 and 2 games, anyone know if that's true?

Thanks,

Al

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
i would highly recomend gran turismo 4, i bought it for 15 bucks at game stop... i would give you mine, but i'm only 34% finished ( i play 8-10 hours a week:hotsun) it's so addictive and has just about every car made... very realistic, no profanity in the music, and almost as addictive as fishing... ALMOST

·
Registered
189 Posts
My buddies got one, and yes they do play ps2 games, not sure about 1. He only uses it for the Blu Ray. I would suggest the xbox 360...lots of great games. Microsoft is way ahead of Sony in the Video game world (or at least thats what my friend tells me).

CurtyV

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Anyone with kids games to sell please let me know. Thank you.

1. From what I've read the xbox requires a monthly fee to play online where PS3 does not (for me not the 6 year old, I don't want another monthly bill to play online poker).

2. Yes he loves baseball and already has his gear.

3. He already has SEVERAL fishing poles and uses them all the time. As a matter of fact his favorite is the zebco 33 he won in a casting competition at the FL Sportsman show in Destin 2 years ago (for ages thru 9 years). He was 3 and didn't get (or want) any help. Yes I'm still a bit proud of that rod and reel as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ha, it really ain't easy FenderBender, almost hard as gettin out on the water!!!

True, the only problem I see is that PS3 really doesnt have a great selection of games, where the xbox does. But you do have to pay a yearly fee of like 40bucks to play online with xbox. And the PS3 is pretty badase, not gonna lie!

CurtyV

·
Registered
98 Posts
Make sure when you go and get the PS3 you check that it has the Back-wards compatibility. I know the 20G version doesn't support it, but the 60G and 80G both support the back-wards compatibility. I'm not sure with the 40G. The back-ward compatible PS3 play both the PS One and PS2 games

The Xbox 360 Does have more games but the PS3 is very quickly catching up. With the release of Call of Duty 4 and Assasssins Creed the PS3 has become dramatically better. Motorstorm is a really good racing game for the PS3. Best thing to do if you want to get him racing games is to go to EB Games or Gamestop and look in the $9.99 and under section. I got my little brother a hotwheels racing game from there for the PS2 and he never stops playing it.

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
397 Posts
CurtyV22 (12/4/2007)ha, it really ain't easy FenderBender, almost hard as gettin out on the water!!!

True, the only problem I see is that PS3 really doesnt have a great selection of games, where the xbox does. But you do have to pay a yearly fee of like 40bucks to play online with xbox. And the PS3 is pretty badase, not gonna lie!

CurtyV
the PS3 is hard to make games for but the developers are catching up and by next year the PS3 should have more good games (Mercs2, Killzone2 (halo killer),Gran tourismo 5,metal gear, etc this is all according to G4's attack of the show. but my ps3 is aewsome i have been playing call of duty 4 online 4 the past 3 days

·
Registered
397 Posts
poker_fisher101 (12/5/2007)Make sure when you go and get the PS3 you check that it has the Back-wards compatibility. I know the 20G version doesn't support it, but the 60G and 80G both support the back-wards compatibility. I'm not sure with the 40G. The back-ward compatible PS3 play both the PS One and PS2 games

The Xbox 360 Does have more games but the PS3 is very quickly catching up. With the release of Call of Duty 4 and Assasssins Creed the PS3 has become dramatically better. Motorstorm is a really good racing game for the PS3. Best thing to do if you want to get him racing games is to go to EB Games or Gamestop and look in the $9.99 and under section. I got my little brother a hotwheels racing game from there for the PS2 and he never stops playing it.

I hope this helped.

no the 40G is not backwards compatible and the 60 is being disontinued so the 80 is a good investment for if you plan to have iot for over 6 years you would need all that storage and power to play those game comig out in 4 years

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got the 60G at home. The 20g and the 60g are both being discontinued. I agree if your just now getting a PS3 get the 80G. Your gonna need it. Also if you have a PS2 or PSOne and you want to play the old games on your PS3 go and get the memory card adapter at Wal-Mart for 25.00. When you play the PS2 and PSOne games on the PS3 on a HD TV you will have black bars on the sides, does anyone know how to get rid of those?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts