Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a pole anchor "system" for my Seahunt Triton 172. Would Love to have a power pole or talon, but don't want to drop $1500 on one...Have been researching Manual pole systems that can double as a push pole, etc. Does anyone here have any experience with these? Best one to get? OR does anyone know of someone selling a power pole? TIA

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use a stick-it anchor pin 8 ft. They have brackets you can mount or just use the lanyard that comes with it. There's also a fella online that sells fiberglass blanks and you mount a t-handle to it. You should see it when you google "stick-it anchor pin"

Works great around here...good luck

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! Reading through it now. Do you by any chance know who sells them here on the forum or the blanks?

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links. I may just build a couple and see how they do. Anybody on here have one? Do they work as well as the power poles?

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up buying a stick it anchor. Can't wait to get out and try it. Looking for a diy hard mount instead of the rope lanyard and don't want to buy a $140 mount from stick it. Anybody on here made any "hard mounts"? Ideas?

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up going ahead and buying the motor mount. Can't seem to get the anchor to stick in the sand far enough though. It just kinda drags along the bottom. If I force the pin down into the sand really hard it just kind of bends due to moving the boat over. In other words instead of sinking into the sand, it just pushes the boat over the location where the tip of the rod is in the sand. Eventually the bent rod straightens out by pushing the boat back into position, but the the rod just drags. Anybody have any tips on how to use these around here?

·
Redfish
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I checked them out too. I just can't get the stick to hold to save my life. Haven't been back out on the water since I tried the motor mount the first time. I'll give it another shot hopefully next weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yeah I checked them out too. I just can't get the stick to hold to save my life. Haven't been back out on the water since I tried the motor mount the first time. I'll give it another shot hopefully next weekend. Thanks
I used to have problems sticking mine in the sand. The problem was how I was sticking the pin. Once you find the spot you want to anchor, raise the pin above your head and push down as hard as you can in one motion. Doing this, I never have a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts