Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a piece of land within an hour to hour and a half drive from Shalimar. Looking for no smaller than 10 acres and up. Doesn't have to have a house on it but that would be a plus. I have searched all the online sites, Zillow, Landwatch, Realtor.com so I am looking for places that are for sale by owner or that are not currently listed. If you have a relative, friend or neighbor that has something they are thinking about selling I am a cash buyer. Mainly wanting a place I can shoot, possibly hunt, and grow a garden. Thanks

·
Registered
Tracker Grizzly 1754 SC
66 Posts
Following this post. Looking for something similar near Pensacola.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I recently found 3 acres in the heart of Pace. FSBO. Zoned Ag res.
about a mile from Pace HS. May build on it or may just sit on it a while and sell it.
Haven't decided yet.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,094 Posts
If you have FB, look on Marketplace. FSBO's have been using that a lot more than Zillow lately.

Reactions: Chadddd and X-Shark

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I was just driving around and saw a small for sale sign on a tree. The writing was faded by the sun. Called and made an offer immediately.
Got a great deal from an old lady that has owned the property since the 1970’s. I told her it was worth more than she was asking. She said her deceased husband told her what to sell it for and that was all she wanted. 15k per acre less than property in the area is currently selling for.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Its about 2hrs away. But small tracts are hard to find, everyone's looking for 40 acres or less

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I have been looking for the last 2 mohths ir o for about the same, have 1 lead, but have a feeling it is mostly wet land. Going to walk it Saturday

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I just bought 22 acres in central Baldwin county(Robertsdale area). It’s out there if you can stomach the prices. I’m still dry heaving!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I rode up to Holland farms Saturday. There were a couple of fsbo signs for small acreage. Oh yea peanuts were great.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Friend of a friend just close on around 18 acres off 10 mile a few months ago. They didnt do there homework prior to close. Builder said to get an uplands survey. GIS map showed a good portion of land wetlands. Survey showed 1 acre of uplands but you have to cross wetlands to get to it. They went back to seller since they felt they were duped. Seller said he would pay for another survey. I looked at aerial and GIS, very obvious lots of wetlands. Not sure what they they were thinking. Spent about 180k on some prime Florida wetlands.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
May be a long way from a lot of ya'll but got 192.8 acers in Snoddy AL just below Knoxville Al. It has duck swamps full of wood ducks naturally maybe others just hear them come in droves dawn and dusk they talk smack all day. mostly old cut over 10 years old has some Hardwoods.Sort of crazy(in A good way) the way it lays bottom portion damn near a swamp(nock out beaver damns it would drain) then rises straight up into high ground has a house but its junk. But there is your power water and shit tank. Father in law is going to sell some property add retire. It has no pigs yet hopefully it will be at least a few more years before they get there but I doubt that .I go down 1 time a year to run tractor down the roads. I have one tree stand on the whole place go once or twice a year for last 3 years I have shot a limit of squirrels once a year. And have killed a ok deer for the last several years only hunting a time or 2 mostly because the neighbors feed well.I Hate to see it go but Im getting older and less into hunting and still will have plenty of land to play on. He is asking 329,000( he is asking) he needs to retire if your picking up what Im putting down

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
May be a long way from a lot of ya'll but got 192.8 acers in Snoddy AL just below Knoxville Al. It has duck swamps full of wood ducks naturally maybe others just hear them come in droves dawn and dusk wood ducks. They talk smack all day. mostly old cut over 10 years old has some Hardwoods. Sort of crazy(in A good way) the way it lays bottom portion damn near a swamp(knock out beaver damns it would drain) then rises straight up on to high ground has a house but its junk. But there is your power water and shit tank. Father in law is going to sell some property and retire. It has no pigs yet hopefully it will be at least a few more years before they get there but I doubt that .I go down 1 time a year to run tractor down the roads. I have one tree stand on the whole place go once or twice a year for last 3 years I have shot a limit of squirrels once a year.(Been the only person on it in the last 8 or so years). And have killed a ok deer for the last several years only hunting a time or 2 mostly because the neighbors feed well.I Hate to see it go but Im getting older and less into hunting and still will have plenty of land to play on. He is( Asking) 329,000
Here are three deer I shot on this property Plant Natural material Wood Twig Grass Natural material Elk Deer Wood Fawn

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts