Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a livewell, 28+ gallons. The bigger the better. Will pay as appropriate, just don't want to spend $300 new.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We actually have a trashcan right now, just looking for a little better livewell.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Buy a large laundry tub and fish aerator at wally world. The fish aerator that uses a small bilge pump works the best. However you can actually make a better and cheaper one by buying the bilge pump and plumbing supplies separately. You can pick up the pvc at lowes for under $5. I bought 5' of 1/2", 2 90° elbows, 1 tee, 3 caps and the pvc glue. That was enough for 2 stems, 1 comes straight up and is capped, I drilled holes at an angle to spray back down and the other is shown in the picture it has holes drilled underneath to spray back down. This works of a 12 volt battery that makes it portable. When I'm keeping the bait over night or longer I just hook the charger on also.

I've kept pinfish and finger mullet alive for days using this set up. hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_trRow2><TD class=TableCell_Light id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_tdPostCell3 vAlign=top width="24%" nowarp=""></TD><TD class=TableCell_Light id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_tdPostCell4 vAlign=top width="76%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblFullMessage>West Marine on Barrancas has a ton of them for 50% off right now. They are great livewells.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>went by today...and scored on a small proflow bait tank. They have a few more left for less than HALF the price...30, 40 gallon ones...huge....

·
Registered
116 Posts
we have a couple of Kodiak Livewells left at Paradise Marine. Call Lynne During the day at 251-968-2628. She will give you a good deal on one. Kodiak livewells are the best and they are no longer in production. They are new but I am sure she will give you a good deal. I have one on my boat and it keeps bait alive like you wouldn't believe.

Brad

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Josh, I got one for ya guys. Not sure of the gallons, but it is at least 28. Has the hose in, hose out ect, latching lid. Don't know what there worth, so you tell me, and if it's what you want I'll sell it to ya for whatever you say the fair price is.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Here are some pics of a baitwell I built out of a 35 gal plastic drum. Iuse it exclisivelyfor keeping bream and shad alive on long Flathead Catfish nights and Tournaments. I cut about 8" out of the drum and rebolted the lid back on. I Used a cutting board and stainless hinges for a hatch and bungy to keep it tight. Also installed a LED light in one lid access hole and my in-flow connection is on the other access hole with a pipe that feeds down to the bottom of the well forcing freshwater up. I used a 3/4" pipe hooked to a small bilge that feeds the well freshwater at 350gph from the side of your boat. Ithen installed a discharge wier using 1" ball valve on the other side at about 8" from the welltop and the black feeder hose that runs out the side . There is also a filtered bildge inside the bottom of the well keeping water turned at 500gph along with a 12 volt Air Pump with a big airstone installed in the bottom of the well supplying fresh Oxygen to the bottom(very important) when needed. I put handles on the sides using rope and extra tubing for comfort. I have ran this well many times for 36 hours straight and successfully kept 30+ big Bream alive for that time with no cassulties nor slowing them down. All connections are made to a 12volt deep cycle battery which will last for 24 hoursmanaged.

The last pic is a another well I started but never finished out of a 55 gal drum. If anyone ever wants to check the one I built out, just give me a shout...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clay-Doh (1/8/2008)Josh, I got one for ya guys. Not sure of the gallons, but it is at least 28. Has the hose in, hose out ect, latching lid. Don't know what there worth, so you tell me, and if it's what you want I'll sell it to ya for whatever you say the fair price is.

Hey Clay, do you have any pics of it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts