Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking specifically for an Fenwick HMG Inshore 7’6” ML. Long shot I know, but Sams bait and tackle is currently out and I don’t want to pay the shipping.

Let me know if you have one. Thanks !

· Registered
977 Posts
Checked a couple outlets and they either don't have that action in stock or are charging shipping (eBay).

Good luck with your search. Fenwick builds some nice sticks.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx man. The pure fishing website has them with "free shipping" but it does not give any indication of how long / when to expect it. That scares me that it will be January before I receive it.

· Registered
977 Posts
Shipping is a crap shoot these days, but Pure Fishing is probably the best chance. If you're wanting it for a gift you could always wrap a photo until the rod arrives. I've done that a few times.

· Bearded Brotula
16,995 Posts
Maybe Chris won't see this, but did you check at J&M?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris V

· Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give W.M. a looksy.

J&M does not carry Fenwick if memory serves me correctly.

Unfortunately, my sick and twisted self already owns the above rod and I have found it to be the perfect trout rod, so I am looking to get another. Economically it is cheaper just to re tie a different lure, but no I need two that way I can just pick the other up and go.

· Registered
977 Posts
I checked BPS in Spanish Fort and they only have the Medium Heavy according to on-line inventory. Academy didn't have that model at all.

I'm with you, I like to have matching sets of rods.

· Registered
4,620 Posts
I'll give W.M. a looksy.

J&M does not carry Fenwick if memory serves me correctly.

Unfortunately, my sick and twisted self already owns the above rod and I have found it to be the perfect trout rod, so I am looking to get another. Economically it is cheaper just to re tie a different lure, but no I need two that way I can just pick the other up and go.
You need at least 3. 2 different baits and a back up when something happens to one. No wait 4 rods 3 baits and a back up. Then next thing you know you have 25 rods in the boat and way to much stuff. Oh thats me. I have a problem!LOL

· Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha funny thing. I was in Mobile this morning, and just now got home from dinner in Pensacola. Didn’t even think to stop at that one. The gentlemen I talked to this AM at the mobile store said the closest location that has one in stock is St Augustine.

Also don’t know anything about the BlueDot but saw the thread about serving cheese now lol

· Registered
977 Posts
Threw the burger reference in there for kicks. They sound good, anyway.

I'm not sure if West Marine has a ship to store/pick-up feature or not. I haven't used it when I've bought anything from them. But that may be a solution to the shipping cost. Or order from Pure Fishing.

I try to buy from local shops whenever possible. But if I'm looking for a specific item and it's not available locally, I don't mind shopping on-line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts