Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,495 Posts
Not to change your mind, you may have already used one?
I've not used one, but wouldn't it be cumbersome and lots more movement deploying it if you were stalk hunting?
There's been many times I've walked up on deer or they stepped out less than 25 yds of me. So movement is your worst enemy at that point.
I tried the shooting stick (1 leg) then the bi-pod stix. I like 'em both and still use them, depending on where I'll be the hunting, more open area, I use the bi-pod, more wooded, it's the stick.
The single stick is good when you're leaning against a tree for body stability.
The bi-pod stix is good for quick sighting, whether walking or sitting w/o bracing on a tree and walking an old road or a mediocre wide trail.
Both are easily deployed which counts when you don't want to spoke a deer trying to set up on him.
I guess with practice, a person could deploy a tri-pod quickly with less movement doing so.
g/l

· Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to change your mind, you may have already used one?
I've not used one, but wouldn't it be cumbersome and lots more movement deploying it if you were stalk hunting?
There's been many times I've walked up on deer or they stepped out less than 25 yds of me. So movement is your worst enemy at that point.
I tried the shooting stick (1 leg) then the bi-pod stix. I like 'em both and still use them, depending on where I'll be the hunting, more open area, I use the bi-pod, more wooded, it's the stick.
The single stick is good when you're leaning against a tree for body stability.
The bi-pod stix is good for quick sighting, whether walking or sitting w/o bracing on a tree and walking an old road or a mediocre wide trail.
Both are easily deployed which counts when you don't want to spoke a deer trying to set up on him.
I guess with practice, a person could deploy a tri-pod quickly with less movement doing so.
g/l
thanks. I’m going to use it for night hunting hogs in the fields. I usually lay down but last time out my shot hit a dirt mound I couldn’t see so I really need to shoot kneeling or upright. I wish I was a better shot but I feel like i need more stability at night in the fields

· Registered
2,504 Posts
I’ve got a Caldwell Fieldpod (I think that’s the name of it) and really like it. I have a buddy with one as well. Don’t think he uses it. I’ll see if he wants to sell it.
I do think the Bog is better, but this Caldwell surely gets it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts