Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Speck, I have a Hero 2 with a few accessories, most notably the flat lens for underwater footage. Also would come with the headband attachment. Idk what you are looking to spend but the housing is online for a minimum of $50 and the camera for over a hundred. I would let it go for $150, but $125 since I fished with you. Only thing you would need would be a memory card, Let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have used the Hero 2 and I have a Hero 3. I really like the size of the 3. All of them hold up really well. We used my 3 and friends 2 when we were doing some demolitions here in Afghanistan. We set the 2 ont he lip of a hole that had 5lbs of C4. The explosion blew the gopro out of the housing and we thought it was toast. Low and behold it still works like a champ. If I wasn't sold that was the moment I had no doubt about the durability.

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
We've used ours for some explosive stuff and underwatrr footage. Both the 2 and 3 work great but dont use the same batteries or sd cards

·
Registered
48 Posts
We've used ours for some explosive stuff and underwatrr footage. Both the 2 and 3 work great but dont use the same batteries or sd cards
I use a class 10 32GB micro SD for the 3. Was told not to try the 64GB class 10s yet be cause they still don't have all the kinks worked out yet.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
I use a class 10 32GB micro SD for the 3. Was told not to try the 64GB class 10s yet be cause they still don't have all the kinks worked out yet.
We use the mini 64G sandisk ultra SDXC- had it a year and no problems, 64G card is kinda overkill unless you are going to save everything on the card. Cheaper in the long haul to get an external hard drive to transfer everything to, and just use the card for filming only- then clear it after the transfer to the hard drive. We use a 32G in our Hero2 and video a ton of stuff (HiDef). Used the card for several trips before unloading it.
We got a 500gb Toshiba external HD for about $150 to store our video on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts