Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up college and my internship, and I've been wanting a pistol for a while. Got my concealed carry license, just no gun yet. After seeing Clay-Doh's Glock Model 22 (.40 cal) I am convinced thats the one I want... shot in the dark... but does anybody on here have one they want to get rid of?? I'll be happy to take it off your hands:)

Josh Arrowood

255-9310

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
you plan on using this as a carry gun? if so the g22 is a full size.....personally i carry the g27 which is the sub compact .40 length is an inch shorter, almost 3.25oz lighter, and the height is almost 1.5" shorter. Its A LOT easier to conceal than a full size frame

only real difference is that the g22 holds 17rds and the g27 holds 10

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as a gun to keep in my truck, boat, etc. I don't plan on walking around with it, no. I like the full size guns... my dad has the full size Kimber in a .45 and I love it... just can't afford it! But when I saw Clay's (thanks for not shooting me BTW!!) and handled it it fit my hand perfect, I liked the weight of it and it was balanced so that when I threw it up to shoot the sights always seemed to be lined up perfectly with what I was pointed at, no adjustment necessary. I just thought it was a really nice feeling gun.

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But sure, I definitly would not mind looking at the Glock27 if anyone has one... just haven't held one yet, I might like it just as much who knows..

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
yea the kimbers are nice....i have a ultra CDPII....and am looking for a ultra covert. For what you're wanting to use it for the full size will be fine. Give miles a call at tradewinds pawnshop in gulf breeze. If he doesn't have a used one in the shop he can get you the best price around on a new one.

as for the kimbers....well the CDPs are made in kimbers "custom shop" and are suppose to be super accurate and blah blah blah....WELL THEY ARE!!! mine will drive tacks......but sadly my old beat up G27 that has been dropped, kicked, covered in mud, sand, saltwater, etc. shoots just as well as the CDP and its 700 bucks cheaper :banghead

you can't go wrong with the glock

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
"But when I saw Clay's (thanks for not shooting me BTW!!) and handled it "

Sorry Josh. When Megan comes burstin in my roomafter dark sayin someones outside..I get a lil itchy!:letsdrink

For future reference, ifanybody ever plans on stoppin by after dark, call first, or IMEDIETLY ring doorbell!!!!:poke

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
i know the feeling clay....I'm the same way. If its dark outside and my dog starts barking or someone knocks on my door i answer it armed.

Funny/no so funny story.......a few weeks ago my sister stopped by about 11pm. I heard a knock on the door and tossed on a shirt and grabbed my gun to answer it. well the hallway to my room dead ends into the living room...to the right is the front door and to the left is the kitchen. well as i was walking down the hallway my mom crossed from right to left heading into the kitchen....all the lights were off except for my hallway light. I asked her who was at the door and she didn't answer, about that time my sister jumped around the corner and tried to scare me. She did a pretty good damn job also because i almost pissed myself and at the same time brought my gun upto center mass from about 6' away. Thank god for good finger control. I bet she doesn't try and scare me anymore after dark though. At the time all i could think of was that my mom had looked through the peephole and didn't want to answer and was walking away and the person had came in the door behind her.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I have the 27 (not for sale) with the extended magazine so your pinky has a place to sit. It's a sweet gun. they're not so comfortable without the extension but withthe extensionit's very comfy! If you get a chance to handle one you should check it out.

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on Miles Josh... I will definitly give him a call asap. Glad to hear all the positive reviews on the gun!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Used to have a 27. Sold it on this forum as a matter of fact. Solid gun. I agree with the clip extender. Lets you carry 10 rounds instead of 8. I am about to buy a Walther P99 QA 9mm. About the same size as the 27. Fits my hands better.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
A local gun shop has them for 319.00 now(police trade-ins) I bought one to carry at our land,(use to carry my 45 but wanted more rounds than8 if needed) the one I bought was 349.00 at the time....but it looked brand new....I couldn't pass it up....they had a bunch(butmostnot inthe condition of the one I bought)

I have bought a few guns off of gunbroker, auctionarms(from out of state)....the gun shopmight sell to you and ship to a local dealer in your area..... don't really know

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf ....pg. 2 bottom center

the police change over to s&w mp40.....good luck :letsdrink

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bill, I didn't realize it was Columbus Ohio, thought it was GA! Anyways, by the time they ship the gun and you jump through the hoops its another $100.00 to get it down here, and I can get a brand new one for not much more than that. I think I am better off buying local.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Sorry, ....I only pay 15.00 to the ffl dealer to recieve the guns,and shipping in most cases is never more than 20.00....I don't think you would have to pay the taxes....which might be the same.(or close anyway)......good luck!!! I hope you find one

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You may wanto to check the Smith and Wesson Sigma SS at Academy. I just picked one on in .40 Caliber, brand new, with 2 Mags for $299 - PLUS I get another $50 Rebate and 2 more clips by mail. Sweet deal, and I just shot mine today for the first time. Great guin, feels just right and really well made. Same price for the 9MM and the .40, until January 31st.

Ed

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks ya'll for your help-- Picked up a S and W 4640 today in a .40 cal and I think I'm gonna love it... plan on shootin at least a hundred rounds through it en la manana I'll give a report on how it shoots

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
biggamefishr (12/14/2007)i know the feeling clay....I'm the same way. If its dark outside and my dog starts barking or someone knocks on my door i answer it armed.

Funny/no so funny story.......a few weeks ago my sister stopped by about 11pm. I heard a knock on the door and tossed on a shirt and grabbed my gun to answer it. well the hallway to my room dead ends into the living room...to the right is the front door and to the left is the kitchen. well as i was walking down the hallway my mom crossed from right to left heading into the kitchen....all the lights were off except for my hallway light. I asked her who was at the door and she didn't answer, about that time my sister jumped around the corner and tried to scare me. She did a pretty good damn job also because i almost pissed myself and at the same time brought my gun upto center mass from about 6' away. Thank god for good finger control. I bet she doesn't try and scare me anymore after dark though. At the time all i could think of was that my mom had looked through the peephole and didn't want to answer and was walking away and the person had came in the door behind her.
Dang Josh! Good finger control is right! That could have been a real tragedy.

·
eating tasty
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, shot the new S&W .40 today for the first time... put 100 rds through it and I could not be happier!! Shot like a champ, smooth trigger pull, accurate little gun. I just can't go from it to my dad's SAO Kimber.. I almost shot my foot off with that hair trigger!:)

This is my second clip ever through the new gun at 15 yds. (yes I am proud!)

And this is my dad through his Kimber at the same distance (there are 7 shots in that group!!)

And Mom can shoot too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts