Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a 32MB or 64MB Garmin Data card. Anyone have one laying around? I will gladly pay a reasonable price for one.

Steve T.

393-6792

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
good luck, i looked for one about 4 or 5 month's ago and was told they don't make them anymore. however ebay had plenty of them. they are kinda expensive though. like i said good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Garmin has the 32mb on their site. But it's $70. Like the other's said. That's ridiculously expensive. You can get a 8gb SD card for like $5 now-a-days. I just looked into getting the software, a card and a USB reader this week. All in it's $150. Instead of laying that down for an old GPS unit, I'm just going to buy a newer unit.

Basically highway robbery by Garmin because you can't get these cards anywhere else. Luckily their new stuff uses SD.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chris. I just got a factory refurb 2210 and just need it to transfer my numbers to it off of my Map Source program.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chris. I just got a factory refurb 2210 and just need it to transfer my numbers to it off of my Map Source program.

·
Praedator
9,922 Posts
cobia06 (3/11/2010)Thanks Chris. I just got a factory refurb 2210 and just need it to transfer my numbers to it off of my Map Source program.
The unit does not have a usb port? Man that sucks. My Garmin uses the garmin data cards, but I also have a usb port to transfer things back and forth from map source.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a garmin data card that has a 3210 update on it, i will try and clear it and see what size it is. i think it is probably a 32mb, but that will transfer a lot of waypoints.. i cleared an old map card and made a data card out of it. will let you know in a day or 2

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wooly Bully (3/11/2010)i have a garmin data card that has a 3210 update on it, i will try and clear it and see what size it is. i think it is probably a 32mb, but that will transfer a lot of waypoints.. i cleared an old map card and made a data card out of it. will let you know in a day or 2
It will work fine. Just put it in the card reader open up map source. Go to utilities at the top, choose clean card.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Wooly Bully (3/11/2010)i have a garmin data card that has a 3210 update on it, i will try and clear it and see what size it is. i think it is probably a 32mb, but that will transfer a lot of waypoints.. i cleared an old map card and made a data card out of it. will let you know in a day or 2
Is there any updates for the 2006c unit? If so how do i update it?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a data card in my handthat we don't have a use for at all -- its an update data card from 7/31/2009 & not marked what size it is, but if you canadd stuff toit or whatever like a poster above mentioned, you can have this card. I don't have usb adapter port for it though to transfer from computer to card. I had 6000 waypoints in mapsource I added to our4210 recently thru an sd card & the file was only like600-700KB if I remember right. anyway I can mail it out to you tomorrow- no charge. Let me know if you want it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts