Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
go to pete moore chevy they have the best selection and price i have bought 7 pair from them you need to see scott in parts and tell him you are a member his name on here is mudflap tell him i sent you. terry johnson

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
Costa Del Muchos!....has to be the most over rated, over discussed, piece of sh-t topic on here. I can show ya a dozen manufactures of better fishing glasses.Show a little individuality, oh thats right, its easier to follow the crowd. Huh? just ask a local republican! bet they recommend the costas too....bothp'sos ...in my humble opinion, and of course you have a right to yours....

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Dang, Lance how do you really feel?

BTW, what do you think of the yuppie flyfishing crowd? You know the one's that go to be seen with the Columbia shirts and the high dollar gear, that have never hooked, much less landed a fish, and they all look identical. Talk about following a crowd, they have to be the worst offenders. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Unless I am mistaken you are a FFF Cert. Instructor, and if you have taught any sizable classes you may have seen a gathering. It is very amusing seeing 30 or more men gathered in the same clothes by choice to learn how to cast fly line. I doubt there is a worse group in fishing guilty of following a crowd.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Garbo (11/21/2007)Dang, Lance how do you really feel?

BTW, what do you think of the yuppie flyfishing crowd? You know the one's that go to be seen with the Columbia shirts and the high dollar gear, that have never hooked, much less landed a fish, and they all look identical. Talk about following a crowd, they have to be the worst offenders. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Unless I am mistaken you are a FFF Cert. Instructor, and if you have taught any sizable classes you may have seen a gathering. It is very amusing seeing 30 or more men gathered in the same clothes by choice to learn how to cast fly line. I doubt there is a worse group in fishing guilty of following a crowd.

Dang, went from bashing a brand of sunglasses to bashing people trying to learn how to flyfish. You are right, only people who know how to use their gear and have landed fish, have the right to fish. I think it should be a part of the license process.

edit: Toro - sorry your thread searching for a pair of Costas has turned into this. I buy mine at Academy, but if you want the best selection and all the lenses available, check out the Costa website.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Toro, I was not making an attempt to derail your thread. If you will PM me I will hook you up with a great deal ona pair of Costas, and I will explain my post on your thread.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Toro, Costas are excellent glasses. Good choice.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 480pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=640 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=10 width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 480pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" width=640 colSpan=10 height=17>You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own set of facts.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Garbo (11/21/2007)Toro, I was not making an attempt to derail your thread. If you will PM me I will hook you up with a great deal ona pair of Costas, and I will explain my post on your thread.

Garbo, If he is not interested in your costa deal, I may be. I need a pair for the wife.

Mark

·
Registered
77 Posts
Simply put he reason most people wear costa del mar is because they have great lenses and have set the style as far as frame selection. All the dude wanted was to know was if anybody had any?

·
Registered
782 Posts
there is nothing wrong with the costa 580's.

the reasons i like costas:

1. light weight

2. scratchproof 8 layer lenses

3. 580's filter out yellow light better than any other shades on the market.

4. have never denied my warranty.

5. fast customer service.

garb, i hate you don't like my columbia shirts. for the record i do not fly-fish at all, i guess that makes me a poser. man this really sucks. i thought i looked pretty cool, hell i have like six different colors.

i was even looking at getting those new columbia thongs....:poke

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just bought my dad some harpoon 580 with the green lenses, he loves them. They block out almost all the glare. I own a pair of Brine 400 with green lenses, they are light, fit my face like a glove. I would highly recomend going somewhere that carried them and try on a few before you buy. They all are different sizes. Good Luck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
L.D.D (11/21/2007)Costa Del Muchos!....has to be the most over rated, over discussed, piece of sh-t topic on here. I can show ya a dozen manufactures of better fishing glasses.Show a little individuality, oh thats right, its easier to follow the crowd. Huh? just ask a local republican! bet they recommend the costas too....bothp'sos ...in my humble opinion, and of course you have a right to yours....
Now that is the type of good information that keeps people coming back to this forum. Good luck finding a pair of glasses.. that was the question right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts