Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grandson's ride needs a new clutch. Before I do that anyone got a vehicle in the above price range. The recent Nissan Pathfinder that sold yesterday would have been perfect. Didn't know clutch was out on his vehicle until until yesterday afternoon when he wanted to borrow my truck. Thanks for your consideration. If you have something PM me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i dont know if it's still there but a week or so ago there was a real nice pathfinder on burgess road.... i think colse to shiloh road.... it was $1800

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That maybe the final solution but there are issues with that. The vehicle belongs to his brother who just started a two year tour with the Army in Germany. The vehicle doesn't get the greatest gas mileage and it has been "rode hard and put up wet", as the old saying goes, so not sure I want to continue to put money in it. Probably about $700 when all said and done. There may also be a broken motor mount or drive shaft issue which would be more dollars. Although it is transportation for my 16 year grandson he isn't really happy with it. I suspect it will get driven pretty hard since he thinks it is a "piece of junk" andI can't seem to impress on him it is better than walking. I am going to try to find a vehicle he can call his own, even if it isn't exactly what he wants. He is an outdoor, hunter type person and would like a 4WD truck but that isn't going to happen on my nickel. The pathfinder would be a compromise. Thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
249 Posts
iv got a 89 eaddy bower bronco for 1000 gets about 16 mpg runs good and I jest put new hubs in it wen I bought it it had sat for about a month and my buddy stoled the factory hubs out of it all the rest of the 4wd is good power windowes and locks and all that workes good im fixing to put a new heator cor in it the old one went out so I bought a new one and havent put it in yet the tires arent perfect but they halve plenty of running left on it the boddy is straight if your interested

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drove down Burgess-didn't see the pathfinder--could have been moved for the weekend. Bronco sounds nice but my grandson would never get 16mpg with it. Foots too heavy. I have the same year in a pickup with a straight 6cyl, 5 speed and barely get 15mpg so will pass on that one. Wed. is decision day so maybe something appropriate will turn up by than, if not I will fix the clutch. Thanks for your response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts