Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one layin around needing one bye 2. I won't have time to make one till this weekend so if someone has one Laying around let me know

·
Out of Towner
67 Posts
This is the first I've heard of bait tubes... Went and googled it, pretty cool idea...

How long will your bait stay alive in there? I'm assuming you put 3-4 medium sized baitfish in there?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quite a while as long as you keep moving so that the water continues to flow through, also dont over load it.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
do these float..I made one and it sinks...i think i drilled too many holes....also using light gage 4" with drain caps....loaded up with pin fish today and it killed all the cigs in there ...lol...poor them...

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
do these float..I made one and it sinks...i think i drilled too many holes....also using light gage 4" with drain caps....loaded up with pin fish today and it killed all the cigs in there ...lol...poor them...
Didja give the pinfish a haircut before you put 'em in?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Gotta smooth those holes

I have lots of holes in the front, bottom and back end cap of my tube but none along the side. All of these holes are deburred so they won't injure soft baitfish like sardines and cigars. Additionally, most baitfish seem to be calmer in a dark environment so they don't wear themselves out.

I'd have a separate tube for Pinfish.

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
do these float..I made one and it sinks...i think i drilled too many holes....
Sliced open a 6" piece of foam pool floatie & zip-tied it about 3/4 to the back of mine ... floats/tracks perfect now.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
pinfish hair cut is a good idea. lol that little bastard got my hand good after i stuck my whole arm to get m out...4" not enough room to get m loose...

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
Instead of drilling holes I used my skil-saw to make slices about 3" long in mine - didn't leave any burrs behind on the inside. Used 3" pvc & plastic drain grate caps on the ends. I was doing it quick/dirty/cheap so didn't bother buying pvc primer/glue. Two screws to hold the cap on the back & a small bungee to hold the cap on the front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts