Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy any and all viper blanks 1085 through the 1089's so if you have one you are holding onto or know anyone who has one who might sell pm with the details and lets cut a deal :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why in the hell do you want one of those? There are much better blanks out there for much cheaper. Yes they do look cool, but one bump of the blue ones and the finish will chip off.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Why in the hell do you want one of those? There are much better blanks out there for much cheaper. Yes they do look cool, but one bump of the blue ones and the finish will chip off.

They are nice blanks.

Your statement about the finish chipping off is true somewhat. The first one I built on had the issue of the layer of laminate coming off with ware and I solved it by varnishing the lower half of the blank before doing anything to start the building process. I have built many rods on Viper blanks and will tell you that they are very nice blanks. Although I would not build on one before Flexcoating the lower half of the blank before starting on it.

I believe the Viper 1089 is the finest blank there is for a Cobia Blank.

·
American Tackle
1 Posts
Hi Ausin,

Good luck on your search. We discontinued the line that is the reason they're on clearance. We designed the blanks with Todd Vivian from Lamiglas who is now with MH coincidentally. We have always had a line of USA made blanks but they had to raise the price which made us uncompetitive. Look for similar 1085's-1089's coming in the Bushido or ATX lines. Joe ATC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts